Super 8
Also, really stocked to see GA is sold out.
Sadly the dates didn't work out for me to get there but really glad to see people are voting with their feet.
Being as this event is on normal sky tv revenue must be down and you would have to say this card is more interesting than many of Duco's that I have paid $40 for.
I really hope everyone supports this. I don't know weather the future is on ppv for vslive or not but man its going to be a breath of fresh air to watch something like this without shelling out $40.
Also, one major promoter is not healthy so I really hope VS Live goes from strength to strength.
Remember a little goes a long way when companies are shelling out for sponsorship. If any of us are ever buying or dealing with companies or businesses that are associated with the November card we should be mentioning that we saw their name at the boxing. As a sponsor they are trying to grow their brand and to be given feedback that they are being seen goes a long way. Support those who support the sport
Not knocking Hemi, but what's all the excitement? Is he really that good? Six and O with 4 KO's is definitely good, but he hasn't fought anyone, and has no amateur background. Plus, he's pretty small for a heavyweight. I haven't seen him fight, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got on November 3rd against a similar heavyweight. That's what I like: good match-ups. Colin Wilson would NOT be a good match-up, so this is good.
Willis Meehan:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/72777272/nrl-talent-willis-meehan-says-sydney-roosters-sacking-was-a-blessing-in-disguise
Lets be fair, Hemi has beat nothing but it was clear to me from the first time I saw him fight he had power and a bit of speed and natural fighting ability.
I'm not saying he's a world level fighter because until he steps up how do we know and height and reach will become a bigger problem the further he goes? Right now he is along way from the top fighters but thats not to say he can't get there.
But right now he's exciting to watch and looks to be a an interesting prospect.
Still very raw, but managed right he can be far better than average by late next year.
I'm not sure of his exact weight, height and reach but I always thought he would need to get down to cruiser but when I saw him in person he is a lot bigger than what you would expect from tv and the net.
The exciting part to me is he is a good Kiwi prospect who is gaining traction in mainstream media which is not easy to do.
Long story short I don't know how good he is but I do think he's exciting and worth following, there's not a heap of videos around of Hemi but you should check them out.
Thanks boxing fan: Will check out videos of him. He's 6 feet tall, according to boxrec. Is he a Mike Tyson type of fighter? I know that VADR promotes him, but who's his trainer? Nice thing about having a promoter in your corner is that he can get a trainer for you that's good. Duco can afford to get Parker, and I'm assuming VADR can do the same. Would love to have another heavyweight to go with Parker in NZ.
Hemi is currently 8-0, 6 by KO.
Under the same team as Mark Hunt essentially with Lollo Heimuli as trainer, Alex Flint doing strength and conditioning and Monty Betham and Jonah Lomu mentoring.
With no amateur background he is learning on the job and going from strength to strength.
He's humble, respectful and listen's but most importantly loves to fight and wants to go all the way.
He has grown a fan base in a very short time.
There are plenty of opportunities for him ahead and he will be going to a number of overseas camps next year with the first coming up soon.
It's a pleasure to work with some from the beginning and be part of their journey.
Watch this space.
(10-07-2015, 06:45 PM)diehard Wrote: Willis Meehan:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/72777272/nrl-talent-willis-meehan-says-sydney-roosters-sacking-was-a-blessing-in-disguise

I thought Leamy Tato pulled out?
(10-07-2015, 10:50 PM)VADR Wrote: Hemi is currently 8-0, 6 by KO.
Under the same team as Mark Hunt essentially with Lollo Heimuli as trainer, Alex Flint doing strength and conditioning and Monty Betham and Jonah Lomu mentoring.
With no amateur background he is learning on the job and going from strength to strength.  
He's humble, respectful and listen's but most importantly loves to fight and wants to go all the way.
He has grown a fan base in a very short time.
There are plenty of opportunities for him ahead and he will be going to a number of overseas camps next year with the first coming up soon.
It's a pleasure to work with some from the beginning and be part of their journey.
Watch this space.

Really big fan of Hemi's. As I've said, worried about his height but really rooting for him to do well. Overseas like Australia, America or Europe?
the test will be when hemi gets in with someone who can box.

good luck to the kid.
Good to hear from you again, Nigs! VADR, you have a good team around Hemi. Wishing him all the success.