AJ vs Miller
I'm going to go against the grain on this one and say that Miller's style is a risk, if he can take AJs punches late (he's supposed to have an excellent chin) he could spring the upset.
(02-15-2019, 09:45 AM)Msreef Wrote: I'm going to go against the grain on this one and say that Miller's style is a risk, if he can take AJs punches late (he's supposed to have an excellent chin) he could spring the upset.

I used to think AJ was invincible. Then Parker, and later Povetkin, gave him a good challenge. So...I think Miller is in with a chance. I'd say he has the same chance as Povetkin had.
He has looked like he has slightly regressed since Takam... ask Dillion Whyte why he thinks that is happened..
Whyte wanted vada testing AJ not keen
(02-15-2019, 11:56 AM)diehard Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 09:45 AM)Msreef Wrote: I'm going to go against the grain on this one and say that Miller's style is a risk, if he can take AJs punches late (he's supposed to have an excellent chin) he could spring the upset.

I used to think AJ was invincible.  Then Parker, and later Povetkin, gave him a good challenge.  So...I think Miller is in with a chance.  I'd say he has the same chance as Povetkin had.

I don't think AJ has ever looked invincible, infact he looks like he's been on wobbly legs a few times. You must have watched a different AJ/Parker fight to me, the one I remember Parker barely threw a punch and didn't win a round.
(02-14-2019, 07:05 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 11:08 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Horrible mismatch, passing time whilst waiting for Wilder to grow a set of balls.

They're all as bad as each other imo. AJ and Hearn aren't entirely innocent in all of this either (mainly Hearn). About a year ago he held all the cards until Fury came along which is a good thing as it's putting pressure on Hearn and AJ to fight Wilder and Fury instead of fighting Miller, Pulev, Whyte and Kownacki to see them through to 2021 which no-one wants to see.

For all the rubbish Wilder cops for his awful opposition (myself included), he did step up and face Ortiz and Fury last year and will rematch Fury again so he is obviously willing to fight the best (finally). Surely AJ fights the winner of Fury v Wilder next, no excuses.

I hope Wilder and Fury fight again, it's taking along time to announce.
(02-15-2019, 08:16 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 11:56 AM)diehard Wrote:

I used to think AJ was invincible.  Then Parker, and later Povetkin, gave him a good challenge.  So...I think Miller is in with a chance.  I'd say he has the same chance as Povetkin had.

I don't think AJ has ever looked invincible, infact he looks like he's been on wobbly legs a few times. You must have watched a different AJ/Parker fight to me, the one I remember Parker barely threw a punch and didn't win a round.

That's my point.  No one could touch AJ once he got past Klit.  Nah, I watched Parker.  Won a few rounds, threw a few punches, but basically didn't show up with a gameplan, and had no muscle.
(02-15-2019, 08:19 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 07:05 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 11:08 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Horrible mismatch, passing time whilst waiting for Wilder to grow a set of balls.

They're all as bad as each other imo. AJ and Hearn aren't entirely innocent in all of this either (mainly Hearn). About a year ago he held all the cards until Fury came along which is a good thing as it's putting pressure on Hearn and AJ to fight Wilder and Fury instead of fighting Miller, Pulev, Whyte and Kownacki to see them through to 2021 which no-one wants to see.

For all the rubbish Wilder cops for his awful opposition (myself included), he did step up and face Ortiz and Fury last year and will rematch Fury again so he is obviously willing to fight the best (finally). Surely AJ fights the winner of Fury v Wilder next, no excuses.

I hope Wilder and Fury fight again, it's taking along time to announce.
Sums up Frank Warren tbh. He loves to say that an announcement is imminent which ends up being about 2 months later.
Whyte: Big Baby could upset AJ

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

WBC #1/WBO #1 heavyweight Dillian Whyte has predicted that WBA, IBF, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua could be an upset loser on June 1st in Madison Square Garden when he faces unbeaten Jarrell ”Big Baby” Miller.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he does beat Joshua,” Whyte told Sky Sports. “Joshua has got very gun-shy, and if Miller can absorb his punishment early, and bring it to him late in the fight, then I wouldn’t be surprised if Miller does beat him. I wouldn’t be shocked. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Miller beat him.

“If AJ loses, I’ll still fight him, because it’s personal with me and him. It’s not about the titles. If he loses his next 10 fights, I’ll still fight him. I just won’t be taken for a mug, that’s all.”
Joshua is long overdue a good performance. There's a time for Backfoot boxing and there's a time to go out there and crush your opponent like a true champion.

Miller is not hard to hit, I'll be dissapointed with anything less than a wrecking ball performance from AJ
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/110722859/anthony-joshua-shoved-by-jarrell-miller-at-fiery-new-york-press-conference

Quote:Once proceedings finally got under way, Joshua pulled no punches about the unbeaten Miller's credentials, saying the 300-pound slugger "punches like a fairy" and was the "softest puncher in the heavyweight division".

love the banter from Joshua