Warriors
I hope Robson plays 6 he provides an experienced cool head and will compliment Johnson beautifully.
OK, this is how I see it:

Leuleui--he was promised the hooker position. Then they got Luke. So now they want him at 6, which is what they told Robson. Then the Warriors try to get Soward, meaning they don't want Leuleui anymore. Summary: Leuleui is NOT a 6.
Robson--A #6. Even though he's 33, he was the starting #6 all year for a good Sharks side. I see him beating out Leuleui for the position. Issue is that it's short term due to his age.
Lolohea--he should be groomed at the #6, starting from pre-season. He's young, explosive, and will only get better. Robson can mentor him, and back up Shauny J and Lolo if they get injured.
Lino--long term project, and replacement for Shauny J

I think they will start the season with Robson, as he's a natural #6. Short term solution though. Leuleui on the bench, Lolo at centre or probably wing.
Warriors star Konrad Hurrell free to leave but fighting for his NRL spot

Nathan Ryan Exclusive
FOX SPORTS
October 19, 2015 10:16AM

WARRIORS fan favourite Konrad Hurrell’s been told he is free to explore his options for 2016 - but the hulking centre insists he’s not going anywhere.

After a lacklustre season filled with inconsistent form, stints in NSW Cup and suspension, it is understood the Warriors won’t stand in the 24-year-old’s way should he seek a release.

Speculation has been rife that Hurrell could be heading to England but, in an exclusive interview with foxsports.com.au, Hurrell has revealed his plan to fight his way back into the starting side and prove his worth.

“It’s up to me if I want to be with the Warriors,” Hurrell said.

“(The club) said I need to be at my best if I want to stay at the club.

“I want to stay with them to prove that I can be the best. I want to prove it on and off the field.”

Since making his NRL debut with the Auckland-based NRL club in 2012, Hurrell has become one of the most exciting, yet frustrating players in the game.

The 2015 campaign proved to be his most disappointing season, making just 12 top grade appearances and scoring only four tries.

It marked the first time Hurrell had failed to score at least 12 tries in a season.

Although he penned a new deal with the club back in March which has locked him up until the end of 2018, Hurrell knows nothing is promised in the world of professional sport.

“Whatever happens, happens but I’m still contracted with the Warriors,” Hurell said.

“I wasn’t too happy with my year so hopefully it’ll be a big step up for me next year, I’ll do well and the club will be happy to keep me.

“After this year I felt myself going down.

“I felt sorry for myself (but) you always need a bump to get back up and to your best.

“This is my career and I love doing what I do.

“I need to get on the horse, have a big pre-season and be professional 24/7.”

Showing how badly he wants to be at the club, Hurrell pulled out of Tonga’s 28-8 World Cup qualifying win over Cook Islands on Saturday following an honest talk with coach Andrew McFadden.

The Warriors mentor insisted Hurrell erred on the side of caution having struggled with a knee complaint all season.

After returning from last summer’s break overweight, Hurrell said he’s determined to not let history repeat.

“The body needed recovery so I wanted to make sure I was right heading into a big pre-season,” he said.

“The club didn’t want me to play. I’m contracted with the Warriors and they look after me really well so I have to listen to them as my employer.

“They knew and I knew myself I didn’t have a great season. It was one of the worst I’d ever played and part of it was injury.

“They want me in full fitness for the off-season because I didn’t get an off-season last year.”

The Warriors are expected to return for pre-season training in early November.

3 comments
I really like Hurrell and I would love to see him fufill his potential and be the star player we all know he can be week in and week out. I just fear that being in the warriors environment is what's holding him back I feel like if he went to a real disciplined team like the Storm he would really flourish.
Thanks boxingfan, I've been wanting someone to comment on my Warriors. From the sounds of it, Cappy and Doyle are trying to establish that discipline. To my mind, it's all about Manu showing leadership. He does the hard yards, gets on players who don't, and it's a very different Warriors team. He's the main cause, and Hurrell gets sucked in. I'd tell Hurrell, yeah, you love Manu and the culture of the Warriors so much, but if you don't do what you said you'd do in that article, you are history.
II'd love to see Hurrell as a 2nd rower, but guess it's not likely. A damaging, offloading forward with pace and skill alongside Mannering, Hoffman and Bodene. Defense would be a lot more straightforward for him as well.
Die - IF things go badly next year, would you take Cleary back?
Gothe, I'd be tempted, but you can't go backwards. No, I like the way he talked to Hurrell, who's now motivated and hungry for his survival with the Warriors. But if Cappy fails, I'd call Kearney.

At centre, how about Mannering and Ben Henry to solidify the position once and for all? Sio can go to Lock.

Jeff Robson at #6, and Lolo on the wing.
Nooooo!!!! Kearney coaching the Warriors would be a Nightmare. Let's not forget what he did to the Eels and I know your going to say he's been succesfull with the kiwis but coaching the country and coaching an NRL team is completely different.
OK Boxingfan25, I'm gonna take your word for it. No Kearney. I know his brother, and met his uncle at the local pub here in Opunake, but I do know what he did to the Eels. Not any worse than what Ricky Stuart did, but yes, he was bad. I was just hoping he had matured as a coach since then, and learned from Bellamy and Wayne Bennett.

Guess we're stuck with Cappy. Bellamy will be available in 2017, but he is going to make a decision to stay with the Storm, or go, by the end of the year.

But what I want to know what you think of my line-up that I wrote in the post above yours????
Yes I like Robson at 6 and Lolo on the wing he's got X factor he's the opposite to Jonathan wright who is solid but slow and not at all spectacular. I'm all for solodifying the centres up and Mannering and Henry would certainly do that but then what do they offer on Attack? Blake Ayshford used to be a really good player but he seems to have fallen away if he can get back to his best then I'd give him one of the spots for sure. I like David Fisitua aswell when he played at centre this year he had some
Brilliant moments but like so many other players that have played there the brilliant moments are few and far between and they all lack consistency. Kata started the season of really well but he fell away towards the end and I'm not entirely convinced he's up to NRL level but perhaps he will be all the better next season for having played all of 2015.