Parker vs Flores
(12-16-2018, 12:21 AM)Kiwi Wrote: Sounds like a fairly woeful fight

What really was the point? Browne or Whyte rematch next - we hope

you might want to start mixing up your posts from related forums...lazy work
(12-16-2018, 12:52 AM)Ibeabuchi Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 12:47 AM)diehard Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 12:43 AM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: look closely nowhere near low

Read the article.  Even Parker said he hit him low, as did commentators at ringside.

after all the shit he put up with in the Whyte fight and the way he was hammered over here for playing nice I dont give a fuck if he hit the man high on the hip bone, it was nowhere near a golota/gatti low blow. When Joe puts it on guys they want an out

Yup I can see where you're coming from. People seemed happy to brush Whyte's dirty tactics aside so when Joe shows a bit of mongrel people go complaing about low blows when it was only a matter of time before he got Flores out of there. I hope to see him against Browne next. A fight he should win with ease and a decent enough name to have on the record.
(12-16-2018, 01:43 AM)African Monkey Wrote:

Read the article.  Even Parker said he hit him low, as did commentators at ringside.

after all the shit he put up with in the Whyte fight and the way he was hammered over here for playing nice I dont give a fuck if he hit the man high on the hip bone, it was nowhere near a golota/gatti low blow. When Joe puts it on guys they want an out

Yup I can see where you're coming from. People seemed happy to brush Whyte's dirty tactics aside so when Joe shows a bit of mongrel people go complaing about low blows when it was only a matter of time before he got Flores out of there. I hope to see him against Browne next. A fight he should win with ease and a decent enough name to have on the record.

I didn't bother staying up for this. $40? 179th? 12am? Because of that, I haven't seen the 3rd round. There were some low shots in the 2nd but it didn't look bad.

But I have to say, if Parker uses dirty tactics fighting a low ranked, out classed, out matched, hand picked nobody who doesn't have a chance in the world....A former world champion should handle this guy in 3 rounds without needing low blows.

God, imagine if Parker didn't hit low and the fight went 8 or 9 rounds until Flores gassed. I really don't know what Parker gains from this. He wasn't trying to defend himself at all. 90% of what Flores threw landed. Also 90% of what Parker did Flores blocked.

Bad all round. Get back to England, fight someone decent, with decent commentary, with a decent announcer, and decent camera work.
(12-16-2018, 08:39 AM)Steven Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 01:43 AM)African Monkey Wrote:

I didn't bother staying up for this. $40? 179th? 12am? Because of that, I haven't seen the 3rd round. There were some low shots in the 2nd but it didn't look bad.

But I have to say, if Parker uses dirty tactics fighting a low ranked, out classed, out matched, hand picked nobody who doesn't have a chance in the world....A former world champion should handle this guy in 3 rounds without needing low blows.

God, imagine if Parker didn't hit low and the fight went 8 or 9 rounds until Flores gassed. I really don't know what Parker gains from this. He wasn't trying to defend himself at all. 90% of what Flores threw landed. Also 90% of what Parker did Flores blocked.

Bad all round. Get back to England, fight someone decent, with decent commentary, with a decent announcer, and decent camera work.
Decent commentary in England? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Mission accomplished on all three fronts for Joseph Parker with aggressive win over Alexander Flores

OPINION: It's mission accomplished on three fronts for Joseph Parker and the Kiwi heavyweight can now holiday with comfort before the genuine rebuild of his career starts next year.

Parker's three-round demolition of Alexander Flores achieved everything it set out to do – give the 26-year-old a confidence boosting KO win, grab some international media attention, and prove that power and a ruthless edge have been added to his game.

Parker ended a difficult year that saw him beaten for the first time in his career at the hands of unified champion Anthony Joshua and man-handled by another Brit Dillian Whyte to a second consecutive defeat, on a bright note that had a dark edge to it.

Everything needs to be put in perspective and there's no dodging the fact that Flores was brought to New Zealand to end up precisely where he did – flat on his back on the canvas.

He wasn't a bum but he wasn't in Parker's class, nor was he able to cope with Parker's current mindset, a win at all costs mentality brought about by those two costly losses.

Flores copped an angry Parker who had primed his body to new dimensions, steeled his mind to that of an executioner, and made certain he would be the one dishing out the dirty deeds this time – low blows and elbows included.

In terms of a statement performance, the intent was delivered with an exclamation mark that was noted around the world.

That the international media covered an end-of-year fight in a tiny arena at the bottom of the world with such gusto is testimony to Parker's place in the current heavyweight scene.

In their eyes, he proved his relevance and, moving forward, that might be the biggest win from a night when victory was the only option.

Parker will continue to be mentioned as the drama of unifying the division plays out on a rocky path pot-holed by egos and agendas.

There was much to like about this effort from Parker, despite the limited opposition.

It would have been easy for Parker to step back from his losses and enjoy the considerable monetary comforts of 2018 that have set him up for life.

But he showed he is serious about his road to redemption and a desire to get a world title back. That was displayed in his new-look body.

Parker has struggled to find the right mix of size and power that doesn't detract from his deadly natural gift of hand speed and general movement.

But in producing a muscle-toned physique that still allowed him the comfort of his normal fighting weight, Parker appears to have found a compromise that has, indeed, brought some extra grunt to his game.

There's nothing like a knockout to get a boxer smiling, especially a heavyweight. It had been more than two years since Parker ended a fight early and for all the benefits of going the distance, there was a concern that he had lost the big bang to be more than just competitive in the current ranks.

We wait to see if that extra power can now help him get back to where he belongs. There have been notable questions when Parker has stepped up in class of opposition over the past couple of years. Flores was a step back and he was duly disposed.

Something similar needs to now be achieved against a genuine contender.

Stuff
Still pissed with Parkers shot watching and straight back retreats when the opposing fighter is attacking. He should be working on the slip, sideways movement then counters

sigh
(12-16-2018, 08:56 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 08:39 AM)Steven Wrote: Bad all round. Get back to England, fight someone decent, with decent commentary, with a decent announcer, and decent camera work.

Hahaha yeah. Decent is relative. I had just watched the fight and Colonel Bob and Patrick Gower were still ringing in my ears.

(12-16-2018, 11:22 AM)NakiFan Wrote: Still pissed with Parkers shot watching and straight back retreats when the opposing fighter is attacking. He should be working on the slip, sideways movement then counters 
sigh

And his hands at his waist.
(12-16-2018, 11:43 AM)Steven Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 08:56 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 08:39 AM)Steven Wrote: Bad all round. Get back to England, fight someone decent, with decent commentary, with a decent announcer, and decent camera work.

Hahaha yeah. Decent is relative. I had just watched the fight and Colonel Bob and that other moron were still ringing in my ears.

What did Colonel Bob and Angove say that was bad? I did like Betham, who didn't shy away from talking to both fighters about the low blows. I'm not a big fan of Colonel Bob either, but he's heaps better than he used to be.
Diehard, you quoted me while I was making edits!

To be honest I don't think anyone could call a match up like this well. I don't like that Bob is rung in to give an air of legitimacy to the nonsense. From the little I saw, it still seemed like they were trying to give Parker room if he under performed while trying to sell the fight as worthwhile.
Well yeah, that's Colonel Bob.  Well up Duco's ass, as well as Parker.  That's why they bring him Down Under.  He was the same with Tua.  Guess that's why promoters all over the world want him.  Yes, his experience and reputation counts, but he also ingratiates himself in a nauseating way.  I remember a few years back he started talking about his good politician friend in Nelson, waxing lyrical.  AND, if I hear one more time from him that you be a southpaw with a straight right hand...Angove is better technically discussing the action.

Colonel Bob got into trouble a few years back in NZ for running his mouth a little too loosely.  Talking about tattoo's on fighters, women's bodies, etc.  I think he's cleaned up his act some.  And he does really promote the fighters on the undercard, which I like.  Also does his homework.

Personally, I like Lt Dan.  Dresses well, a bit of style, and very approachable.  I've worked with him on some fights in Taranaki.