Joseph Parker
hearn may or may not want it just yet...but Hygovic is getting restless with Hearn not providing anything meaningful for him so may be under pressure to try keep him happy- especially if Hearn thinks Hygovic is champ in waiting...gamble gamble
All of the guys below are as much a threat to JP as Hrgovic. Why not fight him when he can be a mandatory? Money would be roughly the same. To dip down and fight a B or C level fighter would perhaps get him into old habits again and maybe even zap his confidence. He's primed to face Hrgovic right now.

Bart, it's all a gamble. Wouldn't want to see him get KO'd by Martin, who to my mind is as much a threat as Hrgovic.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/charles-martin-in-no-mood-to-retire-options-are-wilder-ruiz-parker-chisora-kownacki-rematch/210144
I agree re Martin who could KO anyone on his day... i thought his day was last week but didn't turn out that way- still a good threat below the elite level
Bart - you were right

Parker has refused Hrgovic and is clearly going the WBO route
(01-06-2022, 03:37 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Bart - you were right

Parker has refused Hrgovic and is clearly going the WBO route

No, no, no. What happened to "I'll fight anybody?" Going the WBO route; he better have JJ lined up for an eliminator!
Money wasn't right? You negotiate. It's not a take it or leave it. Disgusted.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/joseph-parker-rejects-ibf-final-eliminator-against-filip-hrgovic/210148
It is all about the $$$$$$'s

Hrgovic's split is huge

Joyce's is not
(01-06-2022, 04:44 PM)Kiwi Wrote: It is all about the $$$$$$'s

Hrgovic's split is huge

Joyce's is not

Kiwi, do you know the split? I didn't see it on the Eastside article. BTW, you need to quit reading ESB. They/you are bringing me bad news.
It is all about the split rules between IBF and WBO

No wonder no-one want to fight Hrgovic. He gets a huge amount of the spit in $$$$$'s

WBO seems saner.
I know, I know, kiwi, but do you know what the split is? With Fury/Whyte, it was gonna be a 80/20 split. But Fury had the title. Hrgovic has nothing but one part of an elimination fight. AND, the WBO has said nothing about Parker fighting anybody for any split. Go back on ESB and tell them what I said, please???