Joseph Parker
I am on Eastside a bit

News broke pretty fast over there....
I like this fight for JP

I think if he keeps the aggression he will take this guy OUT
Can't see JP taking it, he has always aligned himself to WBO and possibly see's JJ a better style fit.
JJ v JP in the UK attracts good numbers... JP v Hygovic doesn't anywhere.
No $$ in it.
I see JP fighting a 12-15 ranking next to work on his new style.. then maybe JJ
You may be right

And certainly the $$$$ won't be great

But Parker may just take it anyway.

Where is the offer from Joyce?
(01-05-2022, 05:12 PM)bart Wrote: Can't see JP taking it, he has always aligned himself to WBO and possibly see's JJ a better style fit.
JJ v JP in the UK attracts good numbers... JP v Hygovic doesn't anywhere.
No $$ in it.
I see JP fighting a 12-15 ranking next to work on his new style.. then maybe JJ

Take it in a heartbeat!  This fell in his lap due to Ortiz declining it.  An eliminator.  If JP wants to get back in the game for a title fight, this is it.  JJ may never happen.  Take the sure thing.  With Hrgovic's hype, and JP's new found mojo, it'll sell.  It would be interesting to see what Fury would do if JP won and fought the AJ/Usyk winner.  Given their friendship, I think Fury would bide his time.

The fact that this is IBF and not WBO is an incentive for Joe to be better recognised in some of the other alphabets.

Bart, have I convinced you???
Haha no
I can't see them take it as I don't see it being financial enough.
I would happily be wrong and happily pay my $40 to watch it.
An eliminator is one thing but when will the belt be available to fight for??
So JP wins, Usyk/AJ do their rematch, and JP fights the winner. Fury? Fury says go for it, and I'll be fighting Whyte around the same time you do in March/April. Simple. Another idea: Put Hrgovic/JP on the AJ/Usyk undercard, or the Fury/Whyte undercard. Better yet: Put them all on the same card and charge Mr Higgins type PPV prices.
Usyk schools AJ in the rematch
Usyk v Fury - Fury wins... most likely although not a certainty
Fury has all the belts but has no interest in keeping all the sanctioning bodies happy and wants to fight who he wants to fight because he is the Gyspy Fecken King.
He keeps the Ring - Lineal and 1 other.
Helps JP become a champ along side him and they rein as the Kings of Morecombe
I can see Hearn ponying up extra cash to put Parker - Hrgovic on DAZN

It could happen
Bart, your scenario has some merit, except I think AJ beats Usyk, then Fury fights AJ and then your prediction follows, maybe with Fury retiring with all the belts and JP becomes the default champ.

Kiwi, Hearn wants the Hrgovic/Parker fight, so I think he'd pony up the money and promote it.