Joseph Parker
To throw another factor into the equation, lifting weights by itself means nothing. It's how you lift the weights, the intensity, type of weights, how long you train, motivation, rest between workouts, and about ten other things that my man markk can tell you about...
All I know is Parker looked better when his arm-speed was faster

and he went out early for KOs.
(03-12-2021, 05:52 PM)diehard Wrote: To throw another factor into the equation, lifting weights by itself means nothing.  It's how you lift the weights, the intensity, type of weights, how long you train, motivation, rest between workouts, and about ten other things that my man markk can tell you about...

essentially concentric (traditional weight lifting)  sends a hormone down your nerves to slow the muscle. It is a very tricky game. which is why your Cristian cullan and jeff wilsons of this world stopped being top class rugby players in the late 20's 
(03-12-2021, 04:21 PM)bart Wrote: Weights develop strength but must be intertwined with speed /explosive work
Otherwise you look great but can't throw a punch
Fast twitch fibres do die off - with age- inactivity or over training the slow twitch
Dunno if early Mike Tyson lifted much but he is example of high twitch...age (his peak early 20's) and lifestyle took them away. Lennox was opposite where age helped him develop.
Might be going away from Parker here but I love this stuff

there are particular types of weights and the way you lift them that send a hormone down nerves to convert slow to fast. when you are younger you have a buffer essentially on fast twitch. very complex . Im very lucky that two of my best mates are the world leader in this stuff. DR Angus Ross and DR mike Scofield are the guys. look them up. very complex with periodization.  As well as creating stiffness in muscles, range and thick fascia. 
Agree Mark I think alot of rugby players suffer that fate... great for 1-2 seasons hit the gym hard then fade.
I tried lifting but didn't really enjoy it and I wasn't overly disciplined
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/300249308/boxer-joseph-parker-helped-shift-cash-for-drugs-but-was-never-charged-by-police

JP implicated in meth drug ring....wow

May have had a part to play in the split between KB and JP
This was in November 2017, and he fought AJ on March, 2018. So, he needed money to do this deal? He made 10mil plus for that fight.
I reckon JP was trying to be cool and impress some gangsters. Dumb move.

He obviously likes to party when no fights are coming up. Hardly surprising really.
Joshua was caught with cannabis and pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply, I reckon the promoters of the AJ/Parker fight missed a trick - they should of called it the battle of the druggies. As it turned out they both fought like they were stoned.
Instead of meth he should talk to Tyson - BJS - AJ -Whyte-Canelo - Pacman etc about what they use and how they (mostly ) beat the syatem