Did Duco cash out with Joseph...
(08-01-2018, 09:45 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 07:18 PM)Infern0 Wrote: I thought he would beat Whyte comfortably, he made over a million NZD for it (put into perspective thats more than any all black will get this year) and had he won there were two sanctioning body regional belts which = rankings

I slate Duco a lot but they actually did well to get him back on that stage so fast, I was expecting the likes of Daniel Martz and co at Manukau  again for a while.

The performance really has to be on Parkers shoulders, his team did well for him
Yes the do with the limited resource behind them. He'll continue making big money as well by taking fights like this.

The fight was 4 months after AJ . It was a 7 week camp so the big question should be what shape was he in when he went into camp. If not great shape Duco should have delayed the comeback. I think if you take 2 months off you need a lot longer to get in shape. In saying this a fighter should only take 2 weeks off after a fight unless is hurt. It’s a job at end of day and a normal job only gets 4 weeks off a year. I’d say potentially bad management decision . Or bad coms from joe about the shape he was in. 7 weeks for 12 rounds ain’t enough
Parker was making comments about how lax his diet was going into the Joshua fight. And how he improved the diet for this fight.

When you look at the Joshua camp, nothing was left to chance. Diet, workouts, strength and conditioning, everything was calculated to get Joshua peaking at fight time.

For the last four or five fights, whenever joe showed up to weigh in, he always had that soft looking belly, and excuses were always made...blah, blah, blah it’s not a body building contest.

As his trainer, Barry has shown in Parker’s prep, that he plateaued some time ago. Understanding the relationship between them, Barry should be the bigger man, step down, and take other duties within the organization.

How nobody paid attention to the necessary nutrition needs before the Joshua fight is amazing actually. For sure, that indicates a lack of maturity in Joes approach. And negligent on Ducos part. And maybe staying out if the press with pointless interviews and smack talking would help.

Parker should chill for a year, talk to some smart people....maybe reinvent himself with a upgraded connected coach, then give it another run. He has the tools, he’s just essentially regressed.
Parker's mum used to talk about how her son used to sneak treats in during training camp, and remarked that he didn't even do that for the AJ fight. She was indicating how disciplined he was...

Parker said he couldn't wait to go to Nando's after the Whyte weigh-in. That's the food he needs before the fight???

Others who have seen him train have mentioned that he's slow in going thru his routines in the gym, except for the pads.

KB has said with both the AJ and Whyte fight that he's in the best shape of his life. Wrong. He was in much better shape a few fights back. KB has always said the same thing about Tua also. KB is a great promoter/manager of his fighters. Trainer he is not.