Call out etiquette
What’s the thoughts on call outs. I’m a big believer that if you call someone out it’s in you to pay for it and organise ? Thoughts ??

Calling a fighter out essentially is a way of leapfrogging the market . So for mine you need to pay and pay well

Generally interested in what people think.
Calling out is all part of it now, some boxers do it and others don't. Its obviously a marketing scheme and a way to set your agenda clear but doesn't always work in the fighter favour. Look at Dilian Whyte calling out Wilder or Briggs calling out Wlad. Personally I don't like call outs to much.
I think it’s a great marketing tool to align yourself with more recognisable fighters. You don’t have to fight them but the media love it and you’ll get some publicity.
I like the calling out.  Parker did it with AJ, but Hearn did the organising and paying.  If it's a legitimate call-out, it excites.  If it's a fighter with no cred trying to make a name for himself, the public, or the fighter, will ignore it.

Ruiz calling out Miller is especially enticing.

Markk, is someone calling out Junior.  Or is HE planning to call someone out???
(07-10-2018, 07:02 PM)markk Wrote: What’s the thoughts on call outs.  I’m a big believer that if you call someone out it’s in you to pay for it and organise ?  Thoughts ??

Calling a fighter out essentially is a way of leapfrogging the market .  So for mine you need to pay and pay well

Generally interested in what people think.

I know the Facebook post you are referencing to (well I'm 99.99% sure I do) and my take is that it was about using Junior's name with no risk as they know there is no chance of the fight happening for many reasons regardless of whether they really want the fight or not.
IMO I can see where you are coming from but people are always going to use others names to pump themselves up and create discussion so take it has a complement. For example when Parker was Joshua's mandatory I overheard a couple of idiots down my local saying that he was ducking Parker because Parker was calling him out and he wasn't coming to New Zealand to fight Parker. Like that was ever going to happen.
From my experience boxing people know the good fights and often hear the whispers of whats coming up. Nobody outside of the boxing hardcore knows who Kiki is so of course he should go calling Junior's name to boost his own stock when he knows the fight will never happen.
Let's be honest, by writing on this thread we are all giving them what they wanted!
I guess the interesting thing in this case is it didn't come from the fighter or his team it came from an unusual source. That said that person is doing some amazing work to get good fights going and create pathways so as far as I'm ok with it. The more people who are talking boxing the more chance we have of seeing the best fights possible. 
Can see why Team Fa are like WTF though
(07-10-2018, 07:48 PM)tm7 Wrote: I think it’s a great marketing tool to align yourself with more recognisable fighters. You don’t have to fight them but the media love it and you’ll get some publicity.

Too true
From what I can gather from reading this thread, Kiki Toa Leutele has called out Junior Fa?
(07-10-2018, 10:32 PM)African Monkey Wrote: From what I can gather from reading this thread, Kiki Toa Leutele has called out Junior Fa?

So, just ignore him.
From Facebook
UNDEFEATED KIWI HEAVYWEIGHT King Kiki Toa Luetele is now looking for the big fights in NZ Junior Fa & David Light are now on notice "The King" wants you both!
Nice, the domestic heavyweight scene is looking good at the moment. I wonder why Daniel Tai and David Light are not fighting each other now?