Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split?
Instead of a traditional "split" what about something like

Split the gate, but joshua gets all of the uk ppv money and duc..er parker gets all of the NZ ppv money?
Joseph Parker 'won't shy away' from fighting Anthony Joshua - if the money's right
Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker are on a heavyweight boxing title fight collision course.

Joseph Parker is prepared to fight Anthony Joshua next to unify the WBO, IBF and WBA heavyweight belts.

Parker's promoter David Higgins made that clear as the boxing world digested Joshua's 10th round stoppage of Carlos Takam in Cardiff last weekend.

Higgins' one condition remains a "substantial" increase in the split of the purse previously suggested by Joshua's boss Eddie Hearn who has intimated an 80-20 cut in the big Brit's favour.

WBO world heavyweight champion Joseph Parker is about to start an Auckland training camp with coach Kevin Barry.

After getting past the durable Takam, Hearn and Joshua targeted WBO champion Parker, WBC champion Deontay Wilder and sidelined star Tyson Fury as the fights they would chase in 2018. And they have a February 3 slot vacant at the moment.

Parker is about to go into a six-week training camp in Auckland ahead of charting his own course over the early part of next year. But Higgins said they would change plans to fight Joshua in an instant, if the financials stacked up.

"We've got various options and we are really close to one in particular, rather than Joshua," Higgins told Stuff on Tuesday.

"But we would fight Joshua next if the money is right.

David Higgins, promoter for WBO world champion Joseph Parker, believes his fighter has more value than British promoter Eddie Hearn is offering.

"We're not at all worried about Joshua as a competitive threat. It would be a close fight but we won't shy away from it. It's a fight that Joseph would take and I'm sure his trainer [Kevin Barry] isn't worried about. But the money has to be right."

Higgins feels Hearn isn't showing the appropriate respect to Parker.

"It's disrespectful for the fact that Joseph has earned one of the credible heavyweight belts. So has Joshua, so it should be much closer to 50-50 than what was put on the table."

Anthony Joshua has the bulk of the heavyweight hardware on offer but wants Joseph Parker's WBO belt.

And while Joshua showed his star-power by drawing more than 70,000 to Cardiff's Millenium Stadium, his performance against Takam didn't always match the occasion.

"No one in our camp was shaking in their boots," Higgins said as they digested Joshua's win, suggesting the 'low-ball offers" from Hearn could be a way of keeping Parker at bay strategically.

Since Sunday, there have been strong suggestions from Joshua's team that they want to fight Parker first to build a bigger fight with Wilder, the unbeaten American.

"I think they will be worried about both," countered Higgins. "Wilder is tricky and Joseph has got a better chin than Joshua."

But the latest theory from Joshua as he was helicoptered back to London on Tuesday (NZT) was that he would get a mandatory defence of his WBA belt out of the way before looking to unify against Parker.

The WBA scenario is clouded by the drugs cloud hanging over Luis Ortiz. The WBA are having their annual conference in Colombia at the moment and there is talk of them ordering an elimination fight between Alexander Povetkin and Christian Hammer, with the winner getting the mandatory challenge with Joshua.

"Eddie is talking about all sorts of different things at the same time. It's all gamesmanship. Eddie will look at the best risk-return I'd say," Higgins said.

"If he is dead serious, he will give me a call or an email and we will start negotiations."

- Stuff
For Joshua/Takam, AJ got £10million and Takam just under £1million. For the Klitsko fight it was a £15million equal split. On that basis (and I'm preparing to be called a troll by all the nieve, blinded by patriotism Parker fanboys) 80-20. Which means Parker would still get £2million, he has the WBO belt (for what its worth) and AJ seems to want it. The fact is AJ is no Lennox Lewis but he is the best heavyweight in the world at the moment. The gates for his last 2 fights have been 90,000 and 75,000. The second against a substitute in a Wales, where let's be honest you wouldnt of thought a smooth talking 'black' Londoner would have gone down to well. For the Parker/Fury fight in Manchester, how many kiwis were in attendance? 3 figures at best? My honest opinion is they will never fight because Duco are pricing themselves out of the market, although Parkers only fighting 2nd rate heavyweights at the moment, he will have to fight one with a pulse at some point, he'll get beat and then he won't even have his unbeaten record and WBO belt as a bargaining tool, so no point in facing him.
Takam got less than a mil? That sucks I thought Pulev was on 5mil so surely 3-4mil would have been a fairer payday for a better fight with Takam .
JP has his title to bargain with and shouldn't be lowballed like Takam
A 30% minimum split
(10-31-2017, 11:34 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: For Joshua/Takam, AJ got £10million and Takam just under £1million. For the Klitsko fight it was a £15million equal split. On that basis (and I'm preparing to be called a troll by all the nieve, blinded by patriotism Parker fanboys) 80-20. Which means Parker would still get £2million, he has the WBO belt (for what its worth) and AJ seems to want it. The fact is AJ is no Lennox Lewis but he is the best heavyweight in the world at the moment. The gates for his last 2 fights have been 90,000 and 75,000. The second against a substitute in a Wales, where let's be honest you wouldnt of thought a smooth talking 'black' Londoner would have gone down to well. For the Parker/Fury fight in Manchester, how many kiwis were in attendance? 3 figures at best? My honest opinion is they will never fight because Duco are pricing themselves out of the market, although Parkers only fighting 2nd rate heavyweights at the moment, he will have to fight one with a pulse at some point, he'll get beat and then he won't even have his unbeaten record and WBO belt as a bargaining tool, so no point in facing him.

If you think Carlos Takam, Andy Ruiz and Hughie Fury dont have a pulse then you are an idiot.
Takam and Ruiz ran Parker very close and Fury fought a cowards fight. I don't rate any of them, especially as 'world title contenders.
(11-01-2017, 08:31 AM)bart Wrote: Takam got less than a mil? That sucks I thought Pulev was on 5mil so surely 3-4mil would have been a fairer payday for a better fight with Takam .
JP has his title to bargain with and shouldn't be lowballed like Takam
A 30% minimum split

Some reports say £750,000
Well Eddie got a bargain (rip off ) there
Eddie Hearn fast becoming the UK's Don King of negotiations.
Takam def deserved a couple of mil to get punched really hard in the head by AJ infront of 80,000 ... the ££ was still there.
Lost respect for EH
Then I think JP should play hardball and go for a decent cut
(11-01-2017, 08:57 AM)bart Wrote: Well Eddie got a bargain (rip off ) there
Eddie Hearn fast becoming the UK's Don King of negotiations.
Takam def deserved a couple of mil to get punched really hard in the head by AJ infront of 80,000 ... the ££ was still there.
Lost respect for EH
Then I think JP should play hardball and go for a decent cut

Hearn said that Takam came back and asked for more money (which Hearn agreed to) when Pulev pulled out, so the initial offer to Takam was even lower than that.
Assuming of course that the 750k figure is correct.
I think the question is, how much is the WBO belt worth?