Pro Fights in other Divisions
Bam Rodriguez stops Sor Rungvisai in eight
FacebookTwitterReddit

WBC super flyweight champion Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez (16-0, 11 KOs) scored an impressive eighth round TKO over former world champion Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (50-6-1, 43 KOs) on Saturday night at the Tech Port Arena in San Antonio, Texas. The classy Rodriguez outboxed the menacing Sor Rungvisai in every round. “Bam” dropped Sor Rungvisai in round seven and got a referee’s stoppage with a barrage of punches in round eight. Time was 1:50.
Bam Rodriguez: My skills proved a point tonight

Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez planted himself into the elite level with a stunning stoppage win over Srisaket Sor Rungvisai to defend his WBC super flyweight title on home soil in San Antonio, Texas.

“My skills proved a point tonight,” said Rodriguez. “My team knows what I am capable of and what I bring to the table, that’s why we took the fight. I felt I started to break him down after three rounds, the power wasn’t there from him. I knew I couldn’t stand there but we came in and put on a show. I was using my angles more, Robert kept telling me to do that and I listened.

“The Cuadras fight gave me experience and put me here, fighting at home in San Antonio. I will do whatever Robert (Garcia) says. I am a special fighter, not an average fighter and I am here to stay.

“San Antonio has a superstar on their hands,” added promoter Eddie Hearn. “Fighters like this come around once in a generation. You are talking about some of the great fighters in Chocolatito, Juan Francisco Estrada – but can you say that Jesse wouldn’t beat them?

“San Antonio should be very proud of this kid. A special talent and it’s all down to the speed that Robert and the team want to go. I think he can unify at any division from 108lbs to 115lbs and he’s got all the tools to become a legend of the sport. He’s a baby, he’s still learning, it was a great turnout tonight and we’re going to get bigger and bigger.”
Saw the fight. Bam was pretty special. They kept saying he had a belt, but I didn't see him having a belt in any of the 4 alphabets at super flyweight or below. Does he have a title belt?
They list him at super flyweight WBC champ, but has he changed his name? https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/jesse-rodriguez-destroys-srisaket-sor-rungvisai-boxing-results/225573

WBC
Belt Juan Francisco Estrada

Roman Gonzalez
Srisaket Sor Rungvisai
Pedro Guevara
Norbelto Jimenez
Andrew Moloney
Kosei Tanaka
Jerwin Ancajas
Yanga Sigqibo
Carlos Cuadras
Israel Gonzalez
Landi Ngxeke
Jonathan Rodriguez
Jade Bornea
Gideon Buthelezi
Adrian Lerasan
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/jermell-charlo-vs-tim-tszyu-in-january-2023/237149
Tszyu: I want to stop Charlo

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

Now that WBO #1 154-pounder Tim Tszyu knows he will be challenging undisputed WBO, WBC,WBA,IBF champion Jermell Charlo in the fall, he has promised he will be in the best shape of his career.

The fight should be held in October or November, “somewhere in America, I’m hoping Vegas,” Tszyu told News.com.au. “I’ll be heading to America for maybe two months, doing my prep there, getting the best sparring and using the best facilities…I want to challenge the very best there is out there. I know I’ve got what it takes to win.”

Tim said he has a plan to beat Charlo. “Maneuver and don’t get it,” Tszyu said. “Punch him harder. I want to stop him. I want to stop this bloke. I want to cause him pain.”
Showtime Weights from Brooklyn

Danny Garcia 152.75 vs. Jose Benavidez Jr 153.75
Adam Kownacki 251.25 vs. Ali Eren Demirezen 262.75
Gary Antuanne Russell 137.75 vs. Rances Barthelemy 139.5

Sergiy Derevyanchenko 159.5, vs. Joshua Conley 160
Vito Mielnicki Jr 153.75 vs. Jimmy Williams 153

Venue: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY
Promoter: TGB Promotions
TV: Showtime, Facebook, Youtube
Great fight on the cards. One in particular is Russell:

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/789597
Garcia defeats Benavidez in 154lb debut

Making his super welterweight debut, two-division world champion Danny “Swift” Garcia (37-3, 21 KOs) scored a twelve round majority decision against Jose Benavidez Jr. (27-2-1, 18 KOs) on Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Benavidez stalked Garcia the whole fight but was constantly outlanded. Scores were 114-114, 116-112, 117-111. The Danny Garcia Show will continue its run.

Garcia became very emotional in discussing his mental health issues during the post-fight interview, concluding with “Hopefully I don’t become a meme with my crying face like Michael Jordan.”
Wooooo! Cobbs defeats Hooker

Welterweight Blair “The Flair” Cobbs (16-1-1, 10 KOs) just scored a ten round unanimous decision over former world champion Mo Hooker (27-3-3, 18 KOs) on Saturday night at the Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas. Scores were 97-90, 97-90, 96-91. Hooker, who did not make weight, was down three times. More to come…