Pro Fights in other Divisions
Oscar vs. Belfort NOT an exhibition

The September 11 PPV return of ‘The Golden Boy’ Oscar De La Hoya against former UFC champion Vitor ‘The Phenom’ Belfort will land at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles. The clash will be a professional boxing bout, not an exhibition! PPV price will be $49.99.

Oscar Da La Hoya: “I decided if I was coming back it was for real, none of this exhibition stuff…this is the real deal, a real fight with real knockouts for a real win.”

Vitor Belfort: “I hope I don’t end up killing him but everything is on the table. This is a no holds barred, all out gladiator fight to the bitter end.”
Funny, there charging $50 for this.
now 1 for the purists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7BuxWbw-I
I've seen Bridges fight before. She's good. Don't let craig see this, he hates women's boxing!
Boxing Buzz

WBA lightweight and super featherweight champion Gervonta “Tank” Davis suffered no injuries in a minor plane crash in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, over the weekend. The nosegear of a private aircraft he was riding in malfunctioned on takeoff.

Looks like the Teofimo Lopez against George Kambosos fight might land on the October 5 edition of Triller’s Tuesday “TrillerVerz” series at Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theater. It also appears Triller shut down the $2.99/month “TrillerVerz” subscription option.
Manager: Tszyu made mandatory to Castano

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

WBO #1 light middleweight Tim Tszyu (19-0, 15 KOs) has been made the mandatory challenger to WBO champion Brian Castano (17-0-2, 12 KOs) according to Tszyu’s manager Glen Jennings, who made the announcement on Facebook on Saturday.

“Some great news this morning,” Jennings said. “After weeks of hard work back and forth with WBO, we received written confirmation that Tim is now mandated for a world title fight.

“Firstly congrats to Tim, he has fought and beat all in front of him and thoroughly deserves this world title shot. I am a very proud manager and mate, as we tick off yet another career milestone for Tim and our team.

“It’s been an amazing effort from all involved … together we have achieved something special in a very short time.”
Warrington-Lara ends in technical draw

The rematch between former IBF world featherweight champion Josh Warrington (30-1-1, 7 KOs) and Mauricio Lara (23-2-1, 16 KOs) ended in a two round technical draw on Saturday night at Emerald Headingley Stadium in Leeds, England. A second round head clash left Lara with a deep cut over his left eye and the bout was stopped.

Disappointing ending for Warrington and about 20,000 hometown fans, as Warrington was hoping to avenge his surprising knockout loss to Lara in a keep-busy fight in February.
https://fightnews.com/crawford-porter-to-clash-nov-20/121142
Tszyu’s next opponent named

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

WBO #1 light middleweight Tim Tszyu (19-0, 15 KOs) will collide with Japan’s WBO #7 rated Takeshi Inoue (17-1, 10 KOs) on November 17 in Australia at a venue to be decided. “It’s going to be a tough fight,” Tszyu told Fox Sports. “I think it’s going to be the hardest fight of my career. Definitely the toughest opponent of my career. But it’s something I was born for.

“I like a bit of pressure. At the same time, I like to punch people in the face. That’s what I do for a living, I punch people in the face and I get an enjoyment out of it.”

Inoue’s only loss was on points over twelve rounds in a 2019 world title fight against then-WBO light middleweight champion Jaime Munguia.
Good timing:

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/other/goodbye-boxing-philippine-great-pacquiao-retires