Joshua v klitschko 2, looking very likely
Good fight, see both as having a chance to win.

Klitschko will know he needs to go all in if he hurts joshua.

For joshua id like to see him lose 5-7lbs, work on his stamina and mobility a little bit.

Could be a super cautious rematch?

But i think for joshua he needs to realize that when he came forward hunting klitschko down, klitschko couldnt compete in a firefight... so being cautious and letting klitschko fight at mid-long range is helping him.

Any tactical thoughts on this potential rematch?
Klitschko doesn't need to allow Joshua to bully him to a firefight if he uses his feet and keeps him out. For a period of that fight Klitschko was in command but fell into the uppercut by not controlling the range. When he was controlling the range he put Joshua on his bum.
AJ just has to follow the blueprint from the 11th round and learn from his mistakes in the 5th where he emptied everything. Do his work in short powerful bursts throwing more than one punch at a time. For AJ there is a lot he can take and learn from that fight. I don't know where Wlad can improve. Wlad will always go down to a burst of string punches. It's not his chin, it's just how he reacts to getting hit. Like a deer in the headlights. He's not gonna be any faster as he's getting older. I'd like to see him retire after giving us a fight like that at 41.
http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/team-joshua-take-steps-toward-wladimir-klitschko-rematch/
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/anthony-joshua-klitschko-pulev/77726
(05-16-2017, 12:13 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: AJ just has to follow the blueprint from the 11th round and learn from his mistakes in the 5th where he emptied everything. Do his work in short powerful bursts throwing more than one punch at a time. For AJ there is a lot he can take and learn from that fight. I don't know where Wlad can improve. Wlad will always go down to a burst of string punches. It's not his chin, it's just how he reacts to getting hit. Like a deer in the headlights. He's not gonna be any faster as he's getting older. I'd like to see him retire after giving us a fight like that at 41.

Yeah think your probably correct re Wlad - his only chance is AJ not learning or getting cocky and making mistakes. Finishing off AJ is the difficulty when you have older legs.
(07-03-2017, 10:16 PM)bart Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 12:13 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: AJ just has to follow the blueprint from the 11th round and learn from his mistakes in the 5th where he emptied everything. Do his work in short powerful bursts throwing more than one punch at a time. For AJ there is a lot he can take and learn from that fight. I don't know where Wlad can improve. Wlad will always go down to a burst of string punches. It's not his chin, it's just how he reacts to getting hit. Like a deer in the headlights. He's not gonna be any faster as he's getting older. I'd like to see him retire after giving us a fight like that at 41.

Yeah think your probably correct re Wlad - his only chance is AJ not learning or getting cocky and making mistakes. Finishing off AJ is the difficulty when you have older legs.

If you rewatch round 5, klitschko did try to finish, i mean he didnt go apeshit and throw windmills with his chin in the air, but he was throwing power shots and putting punches together.

Like i said before, when you have felt power like that it puts you off going all in.
https://www.boxing247.com/
POSTED ON JULY 25, 2017

Nov 11 date eyed for Joshua-Klitschko 2
Promoter Eddie Hearn says the much-anticipated rematch between IBF/WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and former champion Wladimir Klitschko is “penciled in” for November 11 in Las Vegas. “It will probably take a couple of weeks to get everything over the line, but I believe Klitschko will take this fight and believe Vegas will be the one,” Hearn told Sky Sports.
Anyone else feel like time has dulled the interest in this rematch?