SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch
Dragging the sport down is a low blow. It's a bit of fun, for a good cause and it's got people talking about the event outside of boxing. The fight has been all over the media today and will provide good entertaining content throughout the promotion. You won't see dwarfs etc but you will see interesting fights supporting cards we are proud of. There are 11 potentially 12 professional fights on the card so we make no apologies for tweaking the formula.

Diehard - The LH tournament could have been put together but I vetoed it - you'll see some good fights being spun off the results of this promotion. LH will keep.
Sounds good. 11 or 12 fights is music to my ears. Don't mind a few clunkers to go with the "must see" fights. I DO like you and Duco putting on big shows, as it's well needed in NZ.
That's good to hear there's no plan for a return of that dwarf b#llox, Eleven or Twelve pro fights interesting... with seven in the super comp. Then that's 4 or 5 pro bouts, I look forward to the announcements . I saw the Ryder and the fat guys interviews, why put it on this bill? Why couldn't it be in a pub carpark, where Ryder usually has his brawls. Along way away from proper boxers.
(01-25-2015, 09:21 PM)VADR Wrote: Dragging the sport down is a low blow. It's a bit of fun, for a good cause and it's got people talking about the event outside of boxing. The fight has been all over the media today and will provide good entertaining content throughout the promotion. You won't see dwarfs etc but you will see interesting fights supporting cards we are proud of.  There are 11 potentially 12 professional fights on the card so we make no apologies for tweaking the formula.

Diehard - The LH tournament could have been put together but I vetoed it - you'll see some good fights being spun off the results of this promotion. LH will keep.

what the hell do you mean by "there will be no dwarfs???" a 3 aside tag team of deadly midget warriors would be bludee marvelous!! Those little blokes are lightning fast and you should do a wee small short version"Super 8" for the little buggers eh :-0
Lol, a mini-8.
(01-26-2015, 11:42 AM)VADR Wrote: Lol, a mini-8.

I think the politically correct term is "little 8"....
Like most of you guys I have no interest in the Ryder v that other piece of scum fight but...
It puts boxing in mainstream media and enables the real fighters on these cards to earn more and get more exposure that before all this stuff started was pretty much impossible for a young fighter to get.
I know people will say but it takes the piss out of the sport but the reality is brings more people to the sport.
Pretty much every cricket fan will want to watch this now and a lot of non cricket fans who dislike Ryder and will want to see him get knocked out will also be watching.
Actually, most of NZ will now want to watch as they want to see that arrogant, immature fat kid puppet of John boy get knocked out.
To be honest this fight will be when I go to the toilet and restock the drinks etc.
I know it's a sham and it is what it is but these fights are a must have for the sport to go forward. Like it or lump it but in this country, right now it's the way it is.
When you go along to your small local fight night, most of the corp tables are sold because of the corp fights... but when they are there most of them tend to enjoy the real deal so more eyes are opened to the sport of boxing.
My misses always says I'm wasting money on ppv fights. Granted on the last Duco she was probably right but she didn't complain once as she wanted to watch Millie Holmes. God only knows why but she did.
These sham fights aren't for us that love the sport, but we need to put up with them for the sport we love to grow.
I don't have an issue with these types of fights as long as the events themselves are built on a base of quality cards which so far seems to be the case. There is obviously market growth to be had which explains the need for these types of bouts to bring in the fringe viewers to the to telly.... You'll bring those guys back with quality matchmaking and by building up the fighters that people want to see again.
(01-26-2015, 12:04 PM)Daneo Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 11:42 AM)VADR Wrote: Lol, a mini-8.

I think the politically correct term is "little 8"....

yes yes YES!!! a wee 8!! sign them little fekkers up now, before Duco get a sniff off it!!!
I have a problem with people at work thinking its proper boxing. Soon one of these unfit jokers will get seriously hurt, with these two unlikeable characters, maybe not such a bad thing. I wonder if that would knock it on the head? I don't buy how its good for making the sport grow. Boxing has always been a niche sport with the casual fans jumping on board for big fights or big fighters, now there jumping on board for talentless fat guys who get on the news. What boxing in NZ really needs is to develop a superstar who grabs the public imagination. Not an obnoxious passed it in his 20's cricketer and a fat, famous for 15 minutes nobody.