Lucas Browne vies for WBA interim title
Briggs and de Mori won't fight Parker, too much to lose for both of them.

Maybe Kaufman but I still think they will move focus to another organisation if they are to fulfill their goal of being rated by every alphabet. My pick is Eric Molina.

Good on Browne for making a go of it, don't think he'll win but will be a nice pay day.
Molina is ok. Anyone in the top ten that will fight him, assuming the match-up is good. With Briggs and de Mori, it's all about the $$$. Make it attractive enough, and they will come.
(02-26-2015, 11:54 AM)diehard Wrote: ...but if Browne loses to Chagaev, he'll go down in the rankings, and then would Parker want him?  Lots depends on how he loses, but I think he'll win.

if Browne loses to Chagaev he'd still have the Commonwealth title.... still makes makes him very interesting to many: interesting to Parker, Joshua, De Mori, Fury, Leapai, Price, Chisora etc etc...
I guess the question to ask is: does this lead Parker on the road to the title if he faces Browne? Or as a sidestep: does a Browne vs Parker battle lead to megabucks in NZ with Duco promoting it? Commonwealth means nothing to Parker now, but $$$ might. I feel the same way about Jennings: if Klit ko's him, and he will, then Parker vs Jennings means little.

But if Browne wins, would he fight Parker for a belt?
Wooh, calm down. The Commonwealth belt certainly doesn't mean nothing to Parker (it shouldn't do at least). Parker isnt top 5 in the commonwealth rankings, on merit anyway. I think your reading to much into the alphabet ratings, a fight against some of the English, Aussie or Canadians is certainly a step up to some of the nobodies he's been fighting. I like to think I know abitt about the current crop of heavys, id never heard of Pettaway, Thompson or the brazilian. These guys duco are pulling in are nobodies and never will he's at any level, there not even tough journeyman.
Well, Duco and KB are reading a lot into the alphabets. Want to be in the top 10 in all alphabets, and top 5 in at least one. I agree about Pettaway and Thompson, and a few more, but Minto and Williams are tough journeymen. Remember, Parker is still a nobody until he beats a top ten guy. More of an up and comer.
Browne: I am ready for any heavyweight

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

WBA #4 Lucas “Big Daddy” Browne (22-0, 20 KOs) is ready to capture the WBA title from Ruslan Chagaev (33-2-1, 20 KOs) when they clash for the WBA regular championship. “I’m ready for any heavyweight fighter in the world including Ruslan Chagaev and I think it is going to be the year when Australia finally gets a world heavyweight champion of its own,” said Browne.

Three time world champion Jeff Fenech who trains Browne said, “The world champion is obviously an experienced guy. Lucas only started boxing in 2009 so he’s still very inexperienced by comparison. What Lucas lacks in experience he makes up for in power. He is a terrific puncher and I’ve been teaching him how to throw punches in combinations rather than relying on just one big punch. He’s obviously in good form and the chance at a title will make him fight better than ever.”
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/qa-wba-3-lucas-big-daddy-browne-298327

& sparring with Tupou...
Minto a tough heavy...? Get real die you're thinking we have forgotten already, the guy should never have been in the fight! Duco forced the issue. Williams just didn't show up, age, not current, ringrust - whatever.... Duco are cautious about anyone that can fight. Bowie Tupou seems challenging though I agree.
Right, he shouldn't have fought, but Minto was seen as a tough journeyman heavyweight before the broken nose. He beat Cameron. Same with Williams. Be interesting to see what happens with Tupou. Parker is slowly but surely stepping it up. I think the timing is perfect. Not sure he would have beaten Tupou before now. Win, and then there should be another step up. Lose, and it's back to the drawing board.