Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place?
This fight is a voluntary, and no doubt they could have got some exemption from the wbo to make a better fight. The wbo top 10 at 147 is frankly bizzare.

As per boxrec top 10

#1 pacquiao
#2 thurman
#3 garcia
#4 khan
#5 bradley
#6 porter
#7 brook
#8 petersen
#9 spence
#10 vargas

Thurman, khan, porter or petersen were the realistic other options than horn (who rightfully is not in boxrecs top 10) and the second highest ranking of those won the fan poll and manny was happy to make the fight the fans wanted

But Arum seems obsessed with making the horn fight so i think hes getting some kick back from the australian government.

Oh well Zac Dunn got exposed the other week so once Horn is out of the way they will have nobody left so let them have their 5 minutes.
True NakiFan so Horn it is and way down under out of sight. Regardless of the arithmicks it should fund itself with the Ozzies. Lose or whatever duco win big.
(04-05-2017, 09:49 PM)Infern0 Wrote: This fight is a voluntary, and no doubt they could have got some exemption from the wbo to make a better fight. The wbo top 10 at 147 is frankly bizzare.

As per boxrec top 10

#1 pacquiao
#2 thurman
#3 garcia
#4 khan
#5 bradley
#6 porter
#7 brook
#8 petersen
#9 spence
#10 vargas

Thurman, khan, porter or petersen were the realistic other options than horn (who rightfully is not in boxrecs top 10) and the second highest ranking of those won the fan poll and manny was happy to make the fight the fans wanted

But Arum seems obsessed with making the horn fight so i think hes getting some kick back from the australian government.

Oh well Zac Dunn got exposed the other week so once Horn is out of the way they will have nobody left so let them have their 5 minutes.

Great division. Horn is ranked #2 in two alphabets, and many champs fight guys who are not the top ranked, so I'm ok with Horn vs the master.
(04-06-2017, 11:48 AM)diehard Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 09:49 PM)Infern0 Wrote: This fight is a voluntary, and no doubt they could have got some exemption from the wbo to make a better fight. The wbo top 10 at 147 is frankly bizzare.

As per boxrec top 10

#1 pacquiao
#2 thurman
#3 garcia
#4 khan
#5 bradley
#6 porter
#7 brook
#8 petersen
#9 spence
#10 vargas

Great division. Horn is ranked #2 in two alphabets, and many champs fight guys who are not the top ranked, so I'm ok with Horn vs the master.

Horn is ranked by the alphabet soup but he's not a top ranked welterweight. I don't think he's top 20 imo. Zac Dunn is a great example of what those belt rankings mean. Very little. Just a money spinning excercise.
Well, if that's the case, then Pacman will dispatch of him easily in a sold out stadium, making huge $$$ for very little work.  Manny is saying as much himself: http://www.boxingscene.com/team-pacquiao-plan-dispatch-horn-then-face-amir-khan--115332 
I can see Horn going the distance. He's bigger than Pac, and Pac hasn't KO'd anyone in years. I can see Horn winning a couple of rounds just from pure effort. Pac doesn't work the full 3 minutes of a round anymore. Even at 38 though, Pac is a whole other level. Pac by UD with possibly multiple knockdowns.