Parker vs Pettaway
Could achieve the same result with Christian Hammer, if he'd face him.. (no risk, guaranteed win) ... except he's at least ranked with an alphabet...

Will the Samoa fight really make money? I figured that was more Joseph "giving back" than Duco expecting to turn a huge profit... am I underestimating that?
Yea Hammer would certainly be a better option in terms if career progression for sure, if he took the fight of course like you said!

That could well be the case although Apia doesn't host many events of this magnitude (not sure when the ABs game is) so should sell out, albeit cheaply. I think there's decent money to be made on PPV here in NZ though.

Do you think Hammer is a guaranteed win? Fairly sure, but guaranteed?
Well tbh I only saw the hammer v costa fight. Got the impression he was pretty feather fisted from that... And he's KOed 10 of his 21 opponents- the last one was 5 fights ago.... Those aren't impressive stats for a "contender" in the HW division.....
Good point, it'll be interesting to see what they do, would've been good had Dereck Chisora accepted the fight for this next one!
Hammer just got stopped by Tyson Fury, and has lost 4 times. Parker needs to fight guys who are solidly in the top 10-15, not guys on their way out. Molina would be a good one.
tm7, I do like your line-up of opponents for Parker, bar Meehan. He is 44, and Parker needs to fight a guy at or near the top 5 for the last fight of 2015. Here's your list:

Eric Molina, USA (23-2) early June in Hamilton
- Razvan Cojanu, ROM (13-1) late July in Invercargill (depending on Boxcino results)
- Matias Ariel Vidondo, ARG (20-1) October in Samoa (or Kyotaro Fujimoto, JAP (11-1) if he took the fight)
- Kali Meehan, AUS (42-5) December in Auckland
(03-19-2015, 11:13 PM)tm7 Wrote: Complete guesses here, but to be cheeky, how about this for a 2015 Parker Plan:

- Eric Molina, USA (23-2) early June in Hamilton
- Razvan Cojanu, ROM (13-1) late July in Invercargill (depending on Boxcino results)
- Matias Ariel Vidondo, ARG (20-1) October in Samoa (or Kyotaro Fujimoto, JAP (11-1) if he took the fight)

This is probably all rubbish, but I'm bored at work...
there's no real step up in class there at all, and apart from Meehan it'll be the same sort of ppv rubbish we've been seeing in Parkers recent fights. You can't keep expecting people to pay there hard earned cash for nobodies with built up records.
(03-20-2015, 10:26 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 11:13 PM)tm7 Wrote: Complete guesses here, but to be cheeky, how about this for a 2015 Parker Plan:

- Eric Molina, USA (23-2) early June in Hamilton

This is probably all rubbish, but I'm bored at work...
there's no real step up in class there at all, and apart from Meehan it'll be the same sort of ppv rubbish we've been seeing in Parkers recent fights. You can't keep expecting people to pay there hard earned cash for nobodies with built up records.

As much as it's not fair on us dishing up shit and charging $40, I don't think the majority of people really care who he's fighting and will pay it just because it's JP. Also, he's only 23 so whilst the publicity surrounding his career suggests he should be fighting top contenders, realistically there's no immediate rush.

Cojanu is not really a step up, but sideways, because of his height and because he's ranked thanks to a joke fight for the WBO Asian belt (he's Romanian?). Meehan I've put there as a pure money maker because of the local interest it would generate.

Not that they care, but it could be a way to defend his NZ Title, which, if he was Sonny Bill would've already been stripped. I know Kali is listed as Australian but Clarence Tillman was and is American so...
Andy Ruiz, Glazkov, or Perez should be either the fourth or fifth fight. All three are in the top 5.
True Diehard, but I. Don't see Parker living with those three. It would surprise me..