Parker vs Pettaway
I wonder how long Duco can keep Parker under contract for? There seems to be big moves afoot with the likes of Al Haymon, Golden Boy, Roc Nation etc in the States...With an American now holding one of the straps and another fighting Vlad for his shortly(I don't expect that belt to change hands) the big boy division might experience a resurgence after a long period in the duldrums???

Maybe they retain rights to his NZ stuff and he signs with one of the big promoters in the states?
(02-04-2015, 03:54 PM)Daneo Wrote: I wonder how long Duco can keep Parker under contract for? There seems to be big moves afoot with the likes of Al Haymon, Golden Boy, Roc Nation etc in the States...With an American now holding one of the straps and another fighting Vlad for his shortly(I don't expect that belt to change hands) the big boy division might experience a resurgence after a long period in the duldrums???

Maybe they retain rights to his NZ stuff and he signs with one of the big promoters in the states?

Boxing is business like any business can turn ugly especially when all that matters is the bottom line... but I think Duco limits his opportunities as I believe he needs to look to elsewhere but lets look at some promoters:

-Don King, most recognised promoter in the world, shady history but no one brings hype and pulls strings better than the Don.
-Main Events, David Tuas expromoters but still a high recognised label
-Top Rank, high profile promoters of Miguel Cotto and Manny Pacquiao
-Golden boy promotions, always looking to sign up any promising talent led at the helm by Oscar De La Hoya

Just some to name a few but these would be my choices if he was to leave Duco
On his current trajectory I think its inevitable he takes his show abroad, just wondering where Duco fit in that scenario?? Can they realistically match what the big fish would be generating money wise? Or arrange big fights at home for him bringing worthy opponents down under?? They are a promotions company afterall.
I think the longer they promote him down under the stronger market gets for local fighters to do their thing....
Ive been mentioning it for a while that he needs to get involved with either the US or European circuit to build profile and hype on a larger scale..Parkers name isnt big enough to draw top 10 opponents to NZ yet. This is where Duco has a problem, they want to host parkers fights in Australasia to gain maximum revenue in PPV, the moment Parker fights outside the Pacific Duco will lose out on a large percentage of revenue which does not benefit or interest them...hence why I believe Parker is at a stage of his career where Duco cant take him any further. They have done well to help get him this far though I give them that.
Yep, getting a top ten guy to NZ is a problem. Tua and Cameron couldn't do it. Why would they? A more likely scenario is for KB to become part of the co-promotion with Duco to join with other promoters in the US or Europe. KB has the connections, and he won't be doing it for a trainer's salary. Look for him to become part of Duco, handling some of the boxing end of it. Just don't bring Peewww into it again!
Anyone know who Reece is fighting yet?
Whatever happened to Isaac Peach? Good record, but he hasn't fought in over a year: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=537873&cat=boxer
He retired, he's getting into promoting now.
Too bad. He was something like 12-1. Not much power, but he wins. Best of luck to him. Saw him fight on the Cameron vs Barrett undercard, I believe.
Yeah, he got to be NZ champ though. I think its called Peach Boxing, mostly corporate stuff run from west Auckland.