Parker vs Pettaway
I know he can beat Glazkov. Haven't seen Ruiz or Perez. Maybe after he spars with Klit, you'll change your mind. BTW, I read that Klit goes after his sparring partners, knocking them down and going hard at them. That should be a nice test for Parker. He should also spar with some of Klit's sparring partners, who are quite good.

I hear what you're saying though, Sham. You never know how good a fighter is until he steps up.
Joseph Parker climbs to No 8 in WBO rankings

WBO NO 8: New Zealand heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker.

New Zealand heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker continues to move in the right direction in the rankings, lifting to an impressive No 8 with on the WBO list.

Parker moves up one position in the March updates, his rise coming on the back of his ruthless knockout win over American Jason Pettaway earlier this month.

Parker's No 10 ranking with the WBA remains stable.

The challenge for Parker's handlers is to get him a presence on the rankings of the other two major organisations, the IBF and the WBC.

It's understood promoters Duco Events are trying to tie down a fight with American Eric Molina who has a valuable No 12 ranking with the WBC.

Importantly, that's the one organisation not dominated by Wladimir Klitschko with American Deontay Wilder holding the WBC belt.

Beating the respected Molina would certainly rocket Parker into the WBC rankings.

Parker, the New Zealand National Boxing Federation champion, holds the Pan Asian and WBO Oriental belts.
Not really anything to do with Parkers last fight: Hammer dropped from 3rd to right out of the top 15 following the Loss to Fury... Everyone else moved up one, except Cunningham, down one to 15th...
Well, that's the thing, cranky. Fight a top 5 guy, lose, and you're gone. Win, and you're top 5. Both Cunningham and Hammer faced top 5 guys.

Alternatively, fight guys with padded records, win, and you continue to improve your ranking. Parker hasn't fought anyone in the top 15, not really, and look at him, #8. He needs to continue doing that, and then pick a guy in the top 5 that stylistically suits him, and win. Then he's top 5. I pick Glazkov.
Yeah that's the big picture. Though I think it depends on the path also. Cunningham lost a close decision, drops from 14th to 15th (I think). Hammer dropped right off the scale: loses every round then gets TKOed in the 8th by Fury. Even more- Hammer has been a little discredited by the manner of his victory over the last guy he beat, a decision over Costa Junior. There have now been three guys: parker, price and boytsov, that have shown you aren't top of your game if you can't KO this guy....

Agree that Glazkov is very beatable - I actually thought Rossy did enough to get the win against him...
Glazkov said that he was in the process of getting his parents over to North America from the Ukraine vs Russia border when the fight happened. So he was distracted when the Rossy fight happened.

Boytsov just won over the weekend. Would be good for him and Helenius to get back on track.

Looking forward to hearing who Parker will fight next.
Just saw this on Boxrec forum, Joseph Parker to fight at Arena Manawatu in Palmerston North on June 13

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153197413342363&fref=nf
tm7, looks like he'll have 4 fights in 2015 instead of 5. Which is cool, especially given the 3 week training camp with Klit next month. If they get Molina as an opponent, it'll be a feather in their cap.