Brook vs Spence is ON!!!
(02-16-2017, 03:13 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 11:40 PM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 02:15 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Brook is a waste of talent. Hes an excellent fighter, very good speed, power, chin, combination punching, good stamina. At his best id pick him over spence as i think he has the stylistic edge.

But other than his excellent win over shawn porter, he hasnt done much apart from call out Amir Khan for like 5 years.

The fight with golovkin was absurd, and the broken orbital bone plus the fact he now walks around in the 180's means i think hes finished as a 147 fighter and spence will beat a pretty bad version of brook quite easily.

All very true. I'm clinging onto the hope that the occasion will get to Spence. He has been matched fairly comfortably up until now. Brook has the experience.  And something which I noticed about Spence that Pauline malinaggi mentioned in a interview was that Spence doesn't react as well as you would like to see when being hit. At least not for someone who wants to be the best at 147. And Kell can bang when he wants to.

Should be a great fight whatever happens.

I could see a situation where Sprnce does what andre dirrell did when he went to the uk and loses it.

Psychologically ive already seen spence start straying into the "big mouthed american" role, which he neve usually does and is a sure sign he feels at least somewhat threatened.

I don't think that is a sign he's threatened at all, he's just confident and Brook has been hiding trying to sign all the other fights under the sun and making all the excuses already imaginable.

Spence is cutting just as much if not more than Brook so weight loss isn't an excuse

Spence is going to prove he's the truth in this one
(03-24-2017, 04:01 PM)james5000 Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 03:13 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 11:40 PM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 02:15 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Brook is a waste of talent. Hes an excellent fighter, very good speed, power, chin, combination punching, good stamina. At his best id pick him over spence as i think he has the stylistic edge.

But other than his excellent win over shawn porter, he hasnt done much apart from call out Amir Khan for like 5 years.

The fight with golovkin was absurd, and the broken orbital bone plus the fact he now walks around in the 180's means i think hes finished as a 147 fighter and spence will beat a pretty bad version of brook quite easily.

All very true. I'm clinging onto the hope that the occasion will get to Spence. He has been matched fairly comfortably up until now. Brook has the experience.  And something which I noticed about Spence that Pauline malinaggi mentioned in a interview was that Spence doesn't react as well as you would like to see when being hit. At least not for someone who wants to be the best at 147. And Kell can bang when he wants to.

Should be a great fight whatever happens.

I could see a situation where Sprnce does what andre dirrell did when he went to the uk and loses it.

Psychologically ive already seen spence start straying into the "big mouthed american" role, which he neve usually does and is a sure sign he feels at least somewhat threatened.

I don't think that is a sign he's threatened at all, he's just confident and Brook has been hiding trying to sign all the other fights under the sun and making all the excuses already imaginable.

Spence is cutting just as much if not more than Brook so weight loss isn't an excuse

Spence is going to prove he's the truth in this one

Confident people dont start acting out of character.

If you get a guy who is usually pretty chilled out and suddenly he starts talking trash, that is a sign of nerves.

I really dont think brook is too phased about spence, he fought golovkin.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/kell-brook-errol-spence-boxing/75629
Mayweather picks Errol Spence to beat Kell Brook

Kevin Chittenden - May 22, 2017 24 Comments

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is picking American Errol “The Truth” Spence Jr. (21-0, 18 KOs) to defeat IBF welterweight champion Kell “Special K” Brook (36-1, 25 KOs) this Saturday night in their fight on Sky Box Office PPV from Bramall Lane in Sheffield, England. Mayweather still has some doubts about how well the 27-year-old Spence will do against Brook if the fight goes into the later rounds.

Mayweather says that he knows Spence can fight well through 6 rounds, but he’s not sure at all if he’s got the ability to fight at a high level in a long 12 round fight. It’s unclear if Mayweather has heard rumors of Spence gassing out in his sparring sessions.

Jermell Charlo, who Spence sparred with, said that he’s real strong when he’s fresh. Jermell didn’t say that Spence fades as the sparring sessions go into the later rounds, but it appeared that’s the direction he was going in. If Spence cannot fight hard for a full 12 rounds, then it’s going to be an opportunity for Brook to take over the fight if he’s trailing and possibly get a knockout.

“That’s a great match-up,” said Mayweather about the Brook vs. Spence fight next Saturday. “Errol Spence is a hell of a fighter. I have to lean towards Errol Spence. Errol Spence, we’ve never seen him in the late rounds. We’ve seen him fight good in the firs 6. A lot of fighters fight great in the first 6, and I take nothing away from them. You know, he’s a great puncher, a good boxer, but sometimes in fights we’re put in the position and it brings the best out of us. So he’s in a position now where we can take advantage of that and it may bring the best out of him,” said Mayweather.

Spence is facing Brook at the right time in his career with him having lost his last fight to Gennady Golovkin. Brook was injured in that fight in suffering a bad eye injury. It was an injury that required Brook to have surgery on his eye to repair his eye socket. He now has a titanium plate in the socket to strengthen it. Brook claims the eye socket is as good as new. However, Brook will be testing it for the first time when he gets inside the ring with Spence on Saturday. If the eye isn’t as strong as Brook thinks it is, it could be a factor in the outcome of the fight. In addition to the eye injury, Brook put on a lot of weight by overeating after the Golovkin fight. Brook bulked up for the fight with GGG by eating and exercising. But in the months after the fight, Brook got really heavy. His weight looked to be in the 180s and possibly in the 190s. Losing all that weight has been hard for Brook. He’s lost the weight, but we don’t know if he’ll be weakened or not. Brook was on low carb diet during training camp. A diet like that is very likely going to leave Brook at least somewhat weaker than he’s been in his past fights.

Brook has the speed advantage in this fight, but that might not be enough to keep Spence off of him. Brook isn’t a huge puncher. He doesn’t sit down on his shots the way that Spence does. If Brook going to stay in motion most of the fight like he did against Gennady Golovkin, then it’s going to be even tougher for him to generate any power on his shots. That’ll make the job easier for Spence because he tends to walk through fighters that don’t stand their ground and fight him.

It’s difficult to gauge what kind of game plan Brook will have for the Spence fight. Brook had a great game plan for the Shawn Porter fight in 2014. Brook and his trainer Dominic Ingle used strategic holding to keep Porter from fighting on the inside. Brook didn’t allow Porter to fight in close the way he wanted to. At the same time, Brook dominated the fight at the distance. Porter never made any adjustments in the fight, and he ended up losing. If Brook has a strategy to frustrate Spence’s attempts to throw power shots, then it could be an easy fight for Brook.

Spence has looked good in all of his pro fights except for one. Spence struggled badly against Emmanuel Lartei Lartey in their fight in October 2013. Spence was hurt by Lartey during the fight. Lartey was able to catch Spence repeatedly with big shots when he was coming forward. Spence eventually had to change his tactics from slugging to boxing in order to get the victory.

Spence won the fight by an 8 round unanimous decision by the scores 79-73, 79-73 and 79-73. It was far from a dominating performance though for Spence. The fight looked closer than the scores the judges handed down. It was surprising to see Lartey force Spence to box. He made him change his entire game just to get the win.

It was good to see Spence adapt during the fight, because some punchers are unable to make the needed adjustments when they meet someone that is better at slugging than they are. Lartey was definitely better than Spence when it came to punching. In Lartey’s next fight after the Spence match, he lost a close 8 round split decision to Felix Diaz. It was a very close fight. Diaz is the same fighter that was beaten by Terence Crawford last Saturday night.

Brook and Ingle have likely studied Spence vs. Lartey fight to learn what to use to beat him. Lartey created the blueprint in how to beat Spence despite losing the fight. What Lartey was doing was timing Spence’s attacks and nailing him with power shots when he would come on the attack. Lartey was able to catch Spence with some huge shots in that fight. If Brook can do the same thing to Spence, he could beat him and send him home to the U.S a loser.
Kell Brook defends against Errol Spence this Sat. on Showtime

Showtime Boxing - May 23, 2017 0 Comments

IBF Welterweight World Champion Kell Brook and undefeated rising star Errol Spence face off this Saturday live on SHOWTIME (5:15 p.m. ET/2:15 p.m. PT) in the latest in a series of significant welterweight matchups between the best fighters in one of boxing’s deepest divisions.

Six of the top eight welterweights in the world* will have fought in the first five months of 2017 – all on SHOWTIME or CBS – as a de facto tournament continues in the 147-pound class to determine the No. 1 fighter in a division long controlled by the retired Floyd Mayweather.

WBA and WBC Welterweight World Champion Keith Thurman unified the titles on March 4 with a split-decision victory over Danny Garcia in a rare matchup of undefeated champions. Lamont Peterson picked up the secondary WBA Regular title on Feb. 18, and on April 22 Shawn Porter knocked out Andre Berto to become the mandatory challenger to Thurman’s WBC belt. The remaining welterweight champion, Manny Pacquiao, is set to defend his WBO title against Jeff Horn on July 2.

Now it’s Brook and Spence’s turn to take center stage in boxing’s glamour division.

This Saturday in Sheffield, England, Brook (36-1, 25 KOs) will make the fourth defense of the IBF belt he won via majority decision over Porter in 2014. The 31-year-old, who has never been knocked down, will be the decided hometown favorite in front of what is expected to be 25,000-plus fans in the first world title fight in the 162-year history of Bramall Lane.

The 27-year-old Spence (21-0, 18 KOs) has long been considered one of boxing’s most prized prospects. The IBF’s No. 1 contender has knocked out eight straight opponents and has improved as his level of opposition has risen – his last six opponents held an impressive combined record of 151 wins against just eight losses. The Dallas resident travels abroad for this long-awaited title opportunity as he attempts to become the first American to dethrone an Englishman on British soil in nearly a decade.**

With both Spence and Brook affirming their intention to unify the division after May 27, see below for what legendary Hall of Famer Sugar Ray Leonard and current top welterweights have to say about Saturday’s IBF title matchup.

SUGAR RAY LEONARD – Former Undisputed Welterweight World Champion

“I’m really excited about this fight in particular, mainly because both fighters have to be on their A-game. I know there is talk about Kell’s eye surgery being a psychological problem, but from personal experience, I don’t see that being the case. I never thought about my eye once the doctor gave me the green light.

“To ask me who is going to win this fight, I have my favorite in Errol Spence. But, based on the each fighter’s physical artillery, one punch can turn the tables around. That being said, I am going to sit back and watch a great night of boxing.”

KEITH THURMAN – Unified WBA & WBC Welterweight World Champion

“This is an interesting fight. I have not followed Kell too much, but I have obviously seen Errol fight in the U.S. Errol is a tough, young fighter who is just getting into the public’s eye, and Kell obviously has the strength of the British crowd on his side.

“It should be a tough fight that really speaks to the strength of the welterweight division. Both fighters are men that I would be open to fighting as I continue to unify the division in 2018. As a fight fan, let’s see what’s ‘Special’ about Kell Brook, and we’ll see if Errol Spence can show us he’s ‘The Truth.’ It should be a great fight and I’ll be watching.”

DANNY GARCIA – Former Welterweight World Champion

“I think this is a 50/50 fight. I think the person with the better game plan is going to win. There is a lot of pressure to go into someone’s backyard like Spence is doing, and he’s never faced a fighter in his prime before like Brook. It is definitely a test for him and a big step up in competition. If he is ready, he can do it. He just has to go in there and stay focused.

“The welterweight division is the best division in boxing. I still feel like I am one of the best welterweights in the world even though I came up short. I never thought I would say a loss would make me stronger because I didn’t see myself losing. I want my titles back and to be seen as the best in the best division.”

SHAWN PORTER – Former Welterweight Champion & Current WBC No. 1 Contender

“I’m glad Errol is getting his title shot, and I’m happy he’s going to England for it. I’m obviously pulling for the American. Errol is a phenomenal athlete and a great boxer. I think he’s ready to show the world something, but Kell is right up there in that top tier of welterweights. People who tune in should be thrilled. I know I’m looking forward to it.

“The welterweight division is awesome, top to bottom. We’re right where we need to be and should be. Boxing returning back to the masses with PBC came at the perfect time for me and the rest of the top welterweights. There are so many of us capable of winning a title right now.”

LAMONT PETERSON – WBA (Regular) Welterweight World Champion

“This is going to be a tough fight, but I think Errol should win. At least I’m pulling for Errol to win. He’s got to overcome the idea that there will probably be 30,000 people cheering against him, so he has to show the judges that he deserves to win.

“Brook is a good fighter and is going to bring his best, but I think Errol, in the end, is the better fighter. But he will have to prove it.

“The welterweight division is one of the best in boxing right now. We’ve got a lot of good fighters in their prime making the division strong. And guys are willing to fight each other. We are seeing the kind of fights the fans want to see. If this keeps up it could bring boxing back to where it was in the days when Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler all fought each other. So it’s really good for boxing right now.”

ANDRE BERTO – Former Welterweight World Champion

“I’m going with Errol Spence. He is young, strong, hungry and full of fire and a great technical fighter as well. Brook will be his biggest test to date. Being in front of his hometown crowd, Brook he has a lot to fight for but I’m giving Spence the edge.”

**Timothy Bradley dethroned another Sheffield native, Junior Witter, in 2008 in Nottingham.
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/brook-theres-no-way-can-beat-spence-time-get-belts-405331
SKY Sport Channel 54 5:15AM start time.

Replay Sky Pop Up Channel 56 at 2:00PM start time.

I suggest to NZ viewers that if you want to see it live, tape it, or tune in after 7AM for the main event.
Spence: I can knockout Brook in front of his own fans

Kevin Chittenden - May 26, 2017 7 Comments

Errol Spence’s overall goal on Saturday night is to knockout IBF welterweight champion Kell “Special K” Brook (36-1, 25 KOs) in front of his own British fans at Bramall Lane in Sheffield, England. Spence, 27, doesn’t want to beat Brook in front of his fans just to be mean-spirited. He wants to beat the 31-year-old Brook so that he can take his boxing fans and add him to his own collection of fans.

Look at Spence as on a mission to not only snatch Brook’s IBF 147 pound title, but also to take his fans as well. Spence has a good chance of doing that. as he’s viewed as the next star in the 147 lb. division. Boxing experts believe that Spence has the talent to take the spot previously occupied by Floyd Mayweather Jr. at welterweight. Brook stands in Spence’s way. We’re going to find out quickly on Saturday night if Spence is the fighter that people say he is or if he’s just a pretender.

Spence can still be the guy that takes Mayweather’s place even if he loses a decision. It would depend on how he loses it. If Spence is robbed by the judges, which unfortunately is a very real possibility as a visiting fighter, then it would still be seen as a victory for him. Hopefully, the judges don’t have a say so in this fight because they could mess this one up if they come up with strange scoring like we sometimes see in boxing.

“This is something I’ve been waiting for and I can definitely knock him out in front of his home fans,” Spence Jr. said to Sky Sports News HQ. “It’s nothing but motivation; they’ll be cheering for me at the end of the night. It’s wartime, all the talking is over, it’s time to glove up and see who is the best welterweight in the division.”

Spence isn’t bothered at all in fighting in Brook’s hometown. That’s pretty brave of the American, because a lot of fighters would likely not want to take the risk unless they were given a huge payday for their trouble. Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya thinks Spence and his management is making a mistake in him going over to the UK to fight Brook. De La Hoya sees it as too risky for it to be worth it. He says that if he were promoting Spence, he would keep him at home in the U.S and would build his brand over there.

De La Hoya thinks that there are too many chances of something going wrong with Spence fighting in the UK. He think Spence could be robbed by the judges by them not giving him the ‘W’ if he gets the better of Brook on Saturday night. That might be one reason why Spence wants to knockout Brook so badly. He’s kind of in a situation where he might need a knockout to keep from losing by a questionable decision. Spence has a good manager behind him in Al Haymon, so hopefully if he does wind up on the short end of the stick in losing by a controversial decision, they can get him a rematch. It’ll be interesting to see if the International Boxing Federation steps in and orders a rematch if the Brook-Spence fight ends in controversy.

“I feel great, strong. I’m ready to fight, made the weight. So now it’s time to eat, stay strong,” said Spence. “You’ll see the game plan tomorrow. But you can expect an action-packed fight; this is going to be one for the books.”
Brook took a knee, and quit cause he couldn't see out of his swollen right eye:

Spence dethrones Brook in barn burner
Undefeated #1 contender Errol “The Truth” Spence, Jr. (22-0, 19 KOs) scored an eleventh round KO over former IBF welterweight champion Kell “The Special One” Brook (36-2, 25 KOs) on Saturday night at the outdoor Bramall Football Ground in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England. In an action packed fight, both fighters clashed to a stand-still. After ten exciting rounds Spence knocked down the tired Brook. In the eleventh round Brook took a knee and stayed down for the count. By defeating Brook, Spence gained the IBF welterweight champion title. Time was 1:47.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/results-brook-quits-spence/76183