Joseph Parker and Anthony Joshua are set for a collision course
I wouldnt put Bubs in with Wilder. No way.
Joshua will fight Kevin Johnson on April 25 after his injury heals, but will also have a tune-up fight three weeks earlier on April 4 against a TBA - http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9684624/anthony-joshua-will-take-on-heavyweight-rival-kevin-johnson-at-the-o2-on-april-25
This might be old news to some of you guys but I just heard there is talk of a Jo v Ustinov later this year
New news, Justafan. Where did you hear it? Duco had Ustinov out here against Tua, and I'm sure he'd love to come back. But it's a bad match-up for Baby Joseph. Ustinov isn't ranked, and would pose major problems for Parker. I'd put him in against Tyson Fury before Ustinov. So much more to gain as Tyson Fury is ranked, and would go down easier.
I think you underate Tyson Fury, Ustinov is much more beatable and realistic.
I probably do.  It's just that Ustinov has a better chin and is bigger.  And is highly ranked, so the rewards are better.
Have to agree with Diehard, Ustinov would handle Jo I think. Fury was unimpressive in his last outing, I was disappointed in him, but I think he takes care of Jo as well...
From what I heard they are seriously looking at it for possibly his last fight of the year without getting to the stage of entering negotiation's as yet. Please note this came from a (usually reliable) mate not from the horses mouth so not gospel.
I to think it's a tough one even at the end of the year and the only real gain is experience against a big fighter.
I guess they think they can sell it on the whole he beat Tua thing
I just think that if you are going to have a very iffy fight, make it count against a guy ranked as high as Fury. I don't think Ustinov is top ten in any of the 4 alphabets. No, his last fight of the year needs to be a guy in the top 5 that is very beatable. Anyway, Fury fights Wilder, and if he wins, Klit. Still, no way he should fight Ustinov, ever. Big risk, little reward.
(01-29-2015, 06:50 PM)diehard Wrote: I just think that if you are going to have a very iffy fight, make it count against a guy ranked as high as Fury.  I don't think Ustinov is top ten in any of the 4 alphabets.  No, his last fight of the year needs to be a guy in the top 5 that is very beatable.   Anyway, Fury fights Wilder, and if he wins, Klit.  Still, no way he should fight Ustinov, ever.  Big risk, little reward.

Totally agree