Joseph Parker and Anthony Joshua are set for a collision course
(01-18-2015, 10:57 AM)diehard Wrote: I think Pettaway and possibly his next fight are designed to face "legitimate" fighters with good records or name recognition, like a Williams, Botha, or Minto.  I think Team Parker is looking to stay in the rankings more so than go up in the rankings.  My guess is that the big fight that will launch him in the top 5 in at least one of the alphabets will be in July in Invercargill.  In other words, they are just setting things up to make their run then.

Remember, in the Tua days, KB is very good at calling out fighters, and making fights happen.

KB aint stupid thats for sure. I think he has tamed the Duco wildcats a fair bit :-)
Parker has been sparring with Stiverne. If Stiverne wins against Wilder, then Parker can certainly hang with the elite. If Wilder KO's Stiverne in spectacular fashion, well...I know it's sparring, but damn...
Sparring an elite may help but it doesn't equal an elite, fighters use sparring partners for certain advantages in aspects of their game. It doesn't follow on if he wins the sparring partner is as good as.... I expect Parker wasn't the only sparring partner....
I agree, Sham, sparring is sparring. I just think that Parker is at least good enough to "spar" with Stiverne. I do remember KB wanting to fight Stiverne at some point, so Parker must have done all right.
(01-18-2015, 09:20 PM)diehard Wrote: I agree, Sham, sparring is sparring.  I just think that Parker is at least good enough to "spar" with Stiverne.  I do remember KB wanting to fight Stiverne at some point, so Parker must have done all right.

other than possessing a hard punch and a granite chin, I dont really see Stiverne as being anywhere near to being an elite level fighter eh die.

Parker sparred a heavy hitter who prefers to go second, rather than lead off. Thats going to maker for a good spar partner for anyone who is working on keeping the distance between them and a dangerous banger type of counterpuncher.
Don't just Stiverne solely on the Wilder fight. He was a different fighter against Arreola. I know, styles make fights, but he fell asleep against Wilder. I predict Stiverne will go the way of Arreola, strangely enough. Top ten, but no longer keeping for a title.
(01-19-2015, 03:47 PM)diehard Wrote: Don't just Stiverne solely on the Wilder fight.  He was a different fighter against Arreola.  I know, styles make fights, but he fell asleep against Wilder.  I predict Stiverne will go the way of Arreola, strangely enough.  Top ten, but no longer keeping for a title.

im not judging Stiverne on one fight eh die. I see his style, and its easy to figure out. He is a short armed counterpuncher that needs a fighter that comes forward at him so he can do his stuff . That was what Arreola did, and Arreola paid the price. Guys who are aware of this will keep adjusting their range, and if they can throw a good hard left right combo, they will land on him all night long.

This is exactly the type of Guy that Baby Joseph has been facing. Guys with little movement and poor defence to straight down the middle fast snappy punches.

Every fight has its dangers, and if Duco want to gain serious international fighter recognition they might just get Stiverne to fight Parker.
Oh boy oh boy, this is really over the top... Wow, Parker.....give me a break, parker is still in nappies
(01-20-2015, 10:03 AM)shamrock Wrote: Oh boy oh boy, this is really over the top... Wow, Parker.....give me a break, parker is still in nappies
well they can both wear nappies then. Parker can handle someone as Stiverne surely?? I mean look at Stivernes record, and you will see he has been taken along the same path as most other "b" level fighters (being really generous here)

Shouldnt be too tricky eh? hes got a good punch and a good chin so that ought to be a good test eh???
Parker sparred Stiverne I believe.
However Parker isn't Wilder.....