Parker '15 first fight
Oh I really rate Joseph Parker, its great he's fighting 5-6 times a year. He could even be fighting more in local shows over 6-8 rounds against some of the local and Aussie fringe lads. Build up some more victories and some more ring time.
I agree, I think Parker has got the goods.  But we won't know for sure until he faces top 10 guys.  No more getting in rounds or local talent.  Even in OZ.  Whether Team Parker likes it in the big time or not, and I think they do, there will be no more stay busy fights.  They will all count.  AND, he'll probably fight guys with minor belts that will kick him up the 4 alphabet ladders.   Just remember, there will be 5 fights this year, so he won't get the fights he wants each time up, but each fight will lead him to the top 5. 

Just think, he didn't even qualify for the Olympics, and I'm not sure he could have beaten SBW two years ago.  How far the man has come.  Gotta give KB and Duco some credit for that, along with Baby Joseph.
Jo is ok with stiffs, probably a bit better than that, but we won't know how he'll fare as he gets closer in the top 10. While KB has done wonders with the guy I still feel he hasn't walked the big talk his handlers are crediting him...it's all to come. Interesting, but only at that level at this stage despite the ranking. He has work to do yet to prove he's legitimate..
Wouldn't call Minto, Costa, or Williams stiffs.  They are credible journeymen.  But I agree, Sham, 2015 is when we find out whether he has what it takes to stay in the top 10, or even make the top 5.  If I were KB and Duco, I wouldn't have done it any differently in terms of choice of opponents.  If anything, I thought they might have been going a little too fast.  After all, he only has 12 fights under his belt.  But still, he delivered.
I seem to feel they havnt really taken him too fast Die, although they were lucky Minto was unable to perform. It's the rush up the ranking is the problem, he will pretty soon maybe have to fight out of his depth.
(12-30-2014, 01:50 PM)shamrock Wrote: I seem to feel they havnt really taken him too fast Die, although they were lucky Minto was unable to perform. It's the rush up the ranking is the problem, he will pretty soon maybe have to fight out of his depth.
There are plenty of things that you are not seeing Sham me ol mate. They will be choosing his opponents wisely for a start. None of them will be a TRUE top ten, world rated fighter. Its business. Its money. Its an age old game played by guys who have learned how to take money out of pockets whilst getting applause for the great stuff they are doing....Thats why we are sitting in smelly little gyms, and they are reaping the benefits of what we should be, but are not. We have to get smarter, and start to do things differently,or stay the same way we have been for years.
Too true Storm.  Team Parker will choose wisely, although I was a little bit nervous about Duco calling out Browne.  But we have short memories, many of us worried about Botha, and definitely Cameron when Duco did the all or nothing deal.
Storm we never stop learning that's why I get on this site and have my crungy say on how I see it in my 1000 year old view AND I love to hear opinions much more current and educated than mine (damnit, now I'm getting sleepy). One things for certain though, I. Won't spend money on phony boxing promos.......there I have blurted it out, now I am really tired.
bugga, I never did make any real money...
What do ya' mean Sham? You live in Chartwell, drive a Mercedes, and hire Storm out as a driver. You've done just fine.
(12-30-2014, 09:44 PM)diehard Wrote: What do ya' mean Sham?  You live in Chartwell, drive a Mercedes, and hire Storm out as a driver.  You've done just fine.
driving Shamrock mad is the only driving i do these days eh Die!