Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th
(01-15-2015, 10:48 PM)bart Wrote: Love to see Wilder get hit just to see how he copes... may suprise everyone and prove his mettle. Somehow I feel Stiverne is mentally tougher therefore will come out on top but wont be shocked if im wrong

I know the pros are different from the amateurs but he got hurt pretty bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2QjTroBo4U

Sconiers also put him down Sad
Another great find Jamieson! I thought he stood up well considering he walked into each of those right hands. Maybe that will be the key for Stiverne? A very well timed straight right over the jab... Not sure straight punches are stiverne's forte?
Thanks Jamieson!  Here's one of Stiverne against Arreola.  As you'll notice, Arreola is doing ok, and then Stiverne just nails him.  Twice.  Stiverne sure keeps his hands low.  Better not do that against the rangy Wilder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2dGYhpAZPw
Arreola comes right to him, I don't know if you'll see wilder that close in. Well timed looping right hand over the jab though...
Maybe if stiverne can somehow get him coming in carelessly? Fake being hurt? As we've seen he tends to get wide and reckless when he's on the attack...
Stiverne vs Wilder heating up:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/stiverne-wilder-heats-2-276237
Fightnews.com Stiverne-Wilder staff picks

Karl Freitag (Wilder): “On Jan. 17, we’ll find out whether Wilder is real or not when he steps up in class to challenge WBC champion Stiverne. How big of a step up is it? Setting aside his two fights with Chris Arreola, Stiverne’s resume isn’t that much different than Wilder’s and the champ has been kayoed by journeyman Demetrious King and fought to a draw with journeyman Charles Davis. It says here that Wilder is real enough to go to 33-0, 33 KOs and take home the WBC belt.”

Matt Richardson (Stiverne): “I am super excited for this fight for one reason: it all but guarantees a good, old-fashioned heavyweight slugfest. Someone is definitely getting knocked out. And while I think it would be better for boxing if Wilder — a heavy-hitting, American Olympian who actually comes in shape — won the fight, I don’t think he will. There has to be a reason why he has fought so many Tijuana cab drivers and that’s probably because he has a Michael Grant-level chin. Against Stiverne that will be evident pretty quickly. Maybe I’m wrong and Wilder will be the next big American heavyweight star but I don’t think I will be. Stiverne will win an exciting fight, definitely by knockout, probably within four rounds.”

James Slater (Wilder): “This is the acid test for Wilder. His power is frightening but we don’t know how well he takes a good shot himself. Also, how will Wilder’s stamina hold up if the more experienced Stiverne can take him into the later rounds? It looks like Wilder’s fight early, Stiverne’s late. I go for Wilder to score another sizzling KO inside five rounds.”

Miguel Maravilla (Wilder): “This will definitely be an explosive, exciting heavyweight fight reminiscent of the 70’s, 80,’s, and 90’s. Both fighters have a high KO percentage and promise to bring it. I see Wilder’s height and reach being a problem for Stiverne, who will be coming at the taller Wilder setting himself up for a stoppage. Wilder by stoppage 5th or 6th round.”

David Finger (Wilder): “The thing about Stiverne is that he really raises his game to another level against top level opposition, and I feel Wilder is hands down the best fighter he has ever stepped into the ring against. So we will be seeing the Stiverne who fought Arreola as opposed to the one who struggled with Willie Herring and Charles Davis. There is no way Stiverne will come into this fight mentally unprepared. That said, I really think there is something special about Wilder. Although some have questioned the caliber of his opposition, nobody is questioning his punching power. I think we will see a new superstar explode onto the scene on Jan. 17. Wilder by fifth round TKO.”
Live weigh in on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A8LPn4Z7Dk
When is fight NZ time/day please?
tomorrow at 4.00pm NZ time i think, sky sports 5 is playing it free to air
Thanks for the time! And are you serious? if that's true about free to air that has made my whole weekend!!!