fights you'd like to see in 2015?
sorry but my xmas list is a long one
Frotch v Degale
Brook v Khan
Callum Smith v George Groves
Pac Man v Mayweather
Gennady Golovkin v Miguel Cotto

Fury v winner of Steverine and Wilder and the winner of that v Klit later in the year
Bryant Jennings v Amir Mansour
Alex Leapai v Christian Hammer
Won't hapeen but would love to see Lucas Browne v Meehan

Vasily Lepikhin v Sergey Kovalev

After the Aloua v McCracken rematch would love to the winner against Pitt again
Vaitele Soi v v loser of Aloua v McCracken rematch
Monty Filimaea v Lance Bryant would be mean
After a couple of mid range tune ups Beridge v Blake Caperallo rematch. See who is really up to international level if not both.
Hemi Ahio v Thomas Peato
Junior Maletino Iakopo v Brice Ritani-Coe v Anthony Nansen all in a super 8 maybe
I'm really keen to see Joe Blackbourn go up aganist a decent fighter to see where he is at. I think he has huge potiental but we don't know until he goes up against someone decent.
I'd love to see a couple of midrange Oz fighters against Reece Papuni and if he comes thru it fight Adrian Taihia later in the year.
(12-21-2014, 09:34 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: Stormy, I'm not a promoter just a boxing fan. NJE promotions, a Hamilton based promotional outfit are trying to put George/Taylor together for march though (in Hamilton) apparently.

You seem to know your stuff Craig...are you quite sure you aint a part of that outfit i some way? lmao my detective instincts are letting me down if you aint hahaha :-)
(12-21-2014, 04:23 PM)Stormy Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 04:11 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: Both mine are at welter.
Domestically, NZNBF champion Cairo George v.s NZPBA champion Anthony Taylor.
And on the world scene of coarse Floyd/Manny. (Although being a pom I'd settle for Mayweather/Khan).
What's everybody else's?

So your trying to put that fight together eh? goodluck with getting fight. One would have to take less money than what they could make on a show promoted on a show of  there own team, and with a hand picked opponent as per usual  :-)

It is a fight i would like to watch, just to see what real skills either of them have when they fight someone with a pulse. On paper George would be the favorite- but in real life so far, I would have to back Taylor. With a big hole in the welterweight division, these guys must meet very shortly....its a "piss or get off the pot" reality, but one that i cant see happening unless its forced upon  them.

Manny vs Floyd? Arum wont let this happen unless he knows Manny can win. Personal issues between him and Floyd mean that money is not the issue by itself. Its pride. Arum aint got long left on this planet so not making 100 million aint a big deal to him. Costing Mayweather around a 100 million bucks by making sure it never happens is worth far more than gold to a guy like Arum.

Floyd vs Khan would interest me,and id be bored for most of the figh,t but  Joseph taking on Anthony Joshua...... I know one of those would offer up am explosive fight  :-)

(12-22-2014, 03:35 PM)Stormy Wrote:
(12-21-2014, 09:34 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: Stormy, I'm not a promoter just a boxing fan. NJE promotions, a Hamilton based promotional outfit are trying to put George/Taylor together for march though (in Hamilton) apparently.

You seem to know your stuff Craig...are you quite sure you aint a part of that outfit i some way? lmao my detective instincts are letting me down if you aint hahaha  :-)

Kind of you to say, but no just a fan. I try to go to as many shows as I can and its a pretty small field of kiwi boxers. I'd certainly be tempted to go down to Hamilton in march if this fight was to happen. I reckon Taylor would start favourite, as he has a much better amateur pedigree.
(12-22-2014, 02:02 PM)justafan Wrote: sorry but my xmas list is a long one
Frotch v Degale
Brook v Khan
Callum Smith v George Groves
Pac Man v Mayweather
Gennady Golovkin v Miguel Cotto

Fury v winner of Steverine and Wilder and the winner of that v Klit later in the year
Bryant Jennings v Amir Mansour
Alex Leapai v Christian Hammer
Won't hapeen but would love to see Lucas Browne v Meehan

Vasily Lepikhin v Sergey Kovalev

After the Aloua v McCracken rematch would love to the winner against Pitt again
Vaitele Soi v v loser of  Aloua v McCracken rematch
Monty Filimaea v Lance Bryant would be mean
After a couple of mid range tune ups Beridge v Blake Caperallo rematch. See who is really up to international level if not both.
Hemi Ahio v Thomas Peato
Junior Maletino Iakopo v Brice Ritani-Coe v Anthony Nansen all in a super 8 maybe
I'm really keen to see Joe Blackbourn go up aganist a decent fighter to see where he is at. I think he has huge potiental but we don't know until he goes up against someone decent.
I'd love to see a couple of midrange Oz fighters against Reece Papuni and if he comes thru it fight Adrian Taihia later in the year.
Its a great list, I'd like to see Blackbourn v.s Shane Cameron protégé Ricky Murphy. I remember Blackbourn's fight on the heavyweight super eight undercard against the guy who beat Gunnar Jackson on his debut, looked real good.
I'd also like to see Sam Rapira come back against Nik 'the Greek'.
If I were John McRae, aka Mr Super 8, I'd do a light-heavyweight tournament next. All of our best fighters are there. And then headline it with a Meehan vs de Mori fight. Or even Meehan vs Browne. If Browne can fight Chauncy, he can fight Kali.
I'm sure I read that the next super 8 in march is at light heavy.
There's only 2 Welters Taylor and Morgan - good fight but ones going to lose so it won't be seen until someone comes up with 20k to make it worth their while. George is good but needs time to develop before taking on these guys
Maybe this line-up for LH Super 8...
Kiwis:
- Robert Berridge
- Reece Papuni
- Nik Charalampous
- Sam Rapira
Aussies:
- Damian Hooper
- Trent Broadhurst
- Rob Powdrill
- Kerry Foley

Headlined by Kali Meehan v Lucas Browne..
(12-23-2014, 11:45 PM)WalterDipley Wrote: There's only 2 Welters  Taylor and Morgan - good fight but ones going to lose so it won't be seen until someone comes up with 20k to make it worth their while. George is good but needs time to develop before taking on these guys

Hard to say if George is good or not,when all he has fought are guys with no pulse. Considering that he is undefeated and has 2 NZ titles, when do the "kid gloves" come off exactly?
Gonzalez vs Estrada II
Thurman vs Maidana
D. garcia vs Crawford

Parker vs Tua  Rolleyes