Alexander Povetkin fails drugs test (again)
Hope Duhaupas got a good payday out of that farce. Povetkin should serve a few years for this.
Russian heavyweight boxer Alexander Povetkin fails drugs test before showdown with Bermane Stiverne

World Boxing Council president Mauricio Sulaiman says Alexander Povetkin has failed a doping test and sanctioning for the Russian heavyweight's title bout against Bermane Stiverne has been withdrawn.

Povetkin had been due to take on Stiverne for the WBC interim world title Saturday in Russia but the fight has now been called off.

In a post on Twitter, Sulaiman said Povetkin tested positive for the banned muscle-building substance ostarine.

It was Povetkin's second failed doping test this year.

He lost another title shot in May when he tested positive for meldonium shortly before a bout with Deontay Wilder.

On that occasion, the WBC accepted Povetkin's explanation that he had stopped taking the substance before it was banned for 2016.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/bermane-stiverne-vs-alexander-povetkin-on-dec-17/65536
I'm with Don King on this . Declare Stiverne interim champ
and ban that asshole Povetkin for life while they are at it
It's not Bicycle racing or something , the guy gets juiced up so he can beat the hell out of someone then carry on like a hero afterwards
Wilder will take Stiverne over Parker.
And I think Stiverne has a 50/50 chance of beating Wilder. His power is almost as good, and he can box better. Which is why Wilder will take someone easier, as he's just coming back from injury.
Wilder schooled Stiverne and he will again. Dude is completely immobile.
I think Stiverne should have to go up against Dillian Whyte for an eliminator to face Wilder but we know it won't happen.

Wilder v Stiverne doesn't excite me at all.
Forgot that they already fought. Believe Stiverne was carrying an injury, was sick, or something. It's a good, exciting fight on paper. First fight didn't live up to that though.
(12-18-2016, 04:13 PM)African Monkey Wrote: I think Stiverne should have to go up against Dillian Whyte for an eliminator to face Wilder but we know it won't happen.

Wilder v Stiverne doesn't excite me at all.

Whats he done to earn that  , isnt he like tenth in the queue or something?