Poll: Who wins?
Parker
Draw
H Fury
[Show Results]

Parker vs Fury. The official poll.
(02-08-2017, 05:25 PM)Fistic Fury Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 05:10 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Ive gone back and forth on this and i might do again closer to the fight.

But when i make a "prediction" i have to go with common sense rather than "ifs buts and maybes"

Based on what both have shown so far you have to lean towards parker. We really dont know enough about Hughie Fury, any prediction for him to win is based on potential rather than form.

I certainly CAN see a way that hughie wins, but he would have to put in a career best performance to do it, and take some shots i havent seen him take.

Add in the fight is in NZ and parker really ought to be winning this one. Another underwhelming performence here and his rep will take a hit. So i think he will really give it 100%

Parker on points is the pick, probably with some controversy
Unfortunately there is always some controversy when Parker wins in NZ. Whether that is justified or not depends which side of the fence you sit on. If Joe does fight at home I think he is a definite favourite.

I thought he beat Takam and Ruiz but in both cases it was close, and both fights he showed a lot of flaws.

The ruiz fight was a strange one, as i am a parker sceptic and i watched it with a bunch of casuals who obviously were very pro parker. I scored it i belive 114-112 to parker. But everyone else in the room had Ruiz winning so it was an odd double-turn.

He needs a dominant win here or the casuals are going to start turning on him.
(02-08-2017, 05:37 PM)mippy Wrote: I'd be disappointed if Parker wins on points. He's starting to show a lack of power at the top end. Possibly because he's not hitting as cleanly against top level opponents.

He is showing that he's got a good mental game though, he hasn't really choked yet

I think hes been fortunate to this juncture that he hasnt faced anyone with elite finishing, he has the awful habit of sagging on the ropes during fights. He can get away with it against guys like takam and ruiz who are accumilation punchers but if he fights someone like david haye that would get him knocked out. My complaint is that ive seen this for a few fights and barry hasnt corrected it, nor does barry give good between rounds instruction. 
Infern0, I'm starting to get scared, as I agree with everything you say.
(02-08-2017, 06:58 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 05:37 PM)mippy Wrote: I'd be disappointed if Parker wins on points. He's starting to show a lack of power at the top end. Possibly because he's not hitting as cleanly against top level opponents.

He is showing that he's got a good mental game though, he hasn't really choked yet

I think hes been fortunate to this juncture that he hasnt faced anyone with elite finishing, he has the awful habit of sagging on the ropes during fights. He can get away with it against guys like takam and ruiz who are accumilation punchers but if he fights someone like david haye that would get him knocked out. My complaint is that ive seen this for a few fights and barry hasnt corrected it, nor does barry give good between rounds instruction. 

Care to elaborate?
(02-08-2017, 09:43 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 06:58 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

Care to elaborate?

I agree give us some actual examples
I'm fascinated , where do you come up with this stuff
Infern0, Westywarrior. I have read all of the tooing and froing comments from both of you. I've also sent each of you a PM. I don't need this in my life, and neither do the other posters.

Any more personal insults from either one of you and you are gone for a week. No explanation necessary. If it continues after that, a month. After that permanently. I value both of your boxing comments. Please keep it that way for my sanity.
Haha you jumping the gun a bit there sherif diehard, give em more rope please
I think Parker on points.
Never gave you more rope Sham, and you still hung yourself!
(02-09-2017, 10:56 AM)shamrock Wrote: Haha you jumping the gun a bit there sherif diehard, give em more rope please

(02-09-2017, 12:25 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I think Parker on points.

I agree. I think Hughie is too elusive and awkward for Parker to catch up with him. But he will out box him, just by throwing more punches and forcing the action. And if it's in NZ...