Heavyweight Division
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/filip-hrgovic-vs-tony-yoka-who-wins/210530
WBC extends Fury-Whyte deadline

The WBC has extended the free negotiations period for the WBC mandatory heavyweight title fight between WBC champion Tyson Fury and interim champion Dillian Whyte. If there is no agreement between the parties a purse bid will be held on Friday, January 21 at noon in the WBC’s Mexico City headquarters.
Jonathan Guidry: We’re gonna shock them

“It’s a big opportunity for me to show my talent, that I really can fight,” said WBA #13 rated heavyweight Jonathan Guidry during a teleconference with reporters on Tuesday. Guidry (17-0-2, 10 KOs) challenges WBA heavyweight champion Trevor Bryan (21-0, 15 KOs) on January 29 in Warren, Ohio.

“To be honest, I don’t think it’s gonna go the distance,” said Guidry, “but we prepared ourselves for it just in case it happens that way. I don’t think nobody will make it past seven or eight rounds.

“He’s a big guy. He’s got a real good jab, but once we get around the jab, we’ve got to work in on him…I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this for my whole life. We’ve been doing two times a day training and I lost easy like 30 pounds. I’m in way better shape. I feel a lot better, a lot stronger and we’re ready.

“I’m going to fight my heart out. I’m the underdog, so they might be overlooking me, which I hope, and we’re gonna shock them.”

Interestingly, Guidry revealed that he once fought Bryan in the amateurs, dropping a three round decision in 2011.

“We’ve got a lot more fights now. I believe I was an amateur fighting at like 215 at super heavyweight, so I was kind of small and he was big. Now I’m at 250, a lot smarter, a lot faster on my feet, and a lot stronger, so we’re ready.”
Trevor Bryan: I am here to fight the best

TrevWBA heavyweight champion Trevor Bryan is planning a breakout performance against WBA #13 Jonathan Guidry on January 29 in Warren, Ohio. “We are going to show the world why I am the champion. I have a great opponent in front of me. I am going to do what champions do,” vowed Bryan on a Zoom call with reporters earlier this week.

“After this fight, everybody is going to be shouting my name. I am not worried about that. Boxing people know who Trevor Bryan is. I am here to stay. I am here to fight the best. I am the best. I am the champion…it’s cold in Ohio, but we are going to turn up the heat on January 29. Hopefully, I can get this man out there early. I do not get paid for overtime.”

On fighting Jonathan Guidry in 2011:

“You’re telling me I fought Jonathan Guidry before? Transferring from my amateur career to my professional career, it is a brand-new platform. I am here now. I am the champion now. I am willing to fight anybody, especially if I fought them before. I would fight them again just to show that I am the man. I am the truth. The Dream is the dream. I am here to stay, and I am here to show that this legacy starts here. It starts to show with these great fights. This is a second-time duo. I’m coming to show that.”
Bryan is a funny man. Didn't fight for 2.5 years. Now he's fighting Guidry. "Only want to fight the best." hahaha.
Bakole could torpedo Yoka-Hrgovic

The much-anticipated IBF heavyweight eliminator between Filip Hrgovic and Tony Yoka has run into a snag. Yoka and Martin Bakole were slated to fight last Saturday in Paris but that bout was postponed due to Covid restrictions. According to ESPN, Bakole protested to the IBF saying he still has a deal to face Yoka and therefore Yoka isn’t available to take the fight with Hrgovic. The IBF will now decide whether they will let the Yoka-Hrgovic eliminator take place or continue to move down the list to the next available contender for Hrgovic.
Fury vs. Whyte Status

The World Boxing Council has received requests from the teams of Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte, to extend the period of free negotiations to finalize the fight. If there is no agreement, a purse bid will be held this coming Wednesday, January 26th.
(01-20-2022, 08:28 PM)diehard Wrote: Bakole could torpedo Yoka-Hrgovic

The much-anticipated IBF heavyweight eliminator between Filip Hrgovic and Tony Yoka has run into a snag. Yoka and Martin Bakole were slated to fight last Saturday in Paris but that bout was postponed due to Covid restrictions. According to ESPN, Bakole protested to the IBF saying he still has a deal to face Yoka and therefore Yoka isn’t available to take the fight with Hrgovic. The IBF will now decide whether they will let the Yoka-Hrgovic eliminator take place or continue to move down the list to the next available contender for Hrgovic.

seems like Yoka is out....
Bring on Zhang 
Eddie gets paid twice

Only way it sells big is in China?
Zhang can bang, but he has stamina and chin issues. Could be interesting while it lasts, and certainly more interesting than Yoka.
$50 for this. $50!!! Damn.

Hall of Fame promoter Don King presents a $49.99 pay-per-view world title double doubleheader in Warren, Ohio, featuring WBA heavyweight champion Trevor Bryan (21-0, 15 KOs) defending against #13 rated Jonathan Guidry (17-0-2, 10 KOs) and WBC cruiserweight champion Ilunga Junior Makabu (28-2 with 25 KOs) defending against Thabiso Mchunu (23-5, 13 KOs).

The DKP show will go head-to-head with an ESPN telecast promoted by none other than King’s former arch-rival Bob Arum/Top Rank. The Top Rank show from Tulsa, Oklahoma has a pair of ten round junior lightweight bouts in the spotlight as Robson Conceicao (16-1, 8 KOs) returns against Xavier Martinez (17-0, 11 KOs, and Rene Tellez Giron (16-1, 10 KOs) meets Luis Melendez (17-1, 13 KOs.

As always, there may be some streams popping up here and there. For example, Thursday’s card in Spain featuring former world champion Sergio Martinez (54-3-2, 30 KOs) vs. Macaulay McGowan (14-2-1, 3 KOs) will likely surface somewhere.