Heavyweight Division
(01-23-2016, 04:08 PM)diehard Wrote: Meehan, Tupou, Minto aren't tomato cans.  Stu talks about a top ten guy in April, an eliminator or mandatory in July, and a title shot at the end of the year.  That's not an elite mix?  Like AJ, Parker hasn't fought a top ten guy yet, so no, his potential is there, but not elite.

That is my prob die that is so unrealistic and Team Parker are delusional if they think they can do that!

Didn't Stu say Tony Thompson was too big of a step up lol or was that just you? I'm sure i read he said it as well. Ffs Joe is still fighting Bergman, his best win is Kali Meehan, who should have lost to Hunter Sam 1 year before.

You can't run before you can even walk. Joe needs to prove himself against better opposition to properly prepare himself for a shot. He could be capable of winning a title this year but it will be 1000× more difficult then if he was more seasoned. AJ and Hearn seem far more realistic about things imo.
In that threesome only Meehan was a legit step up, because of age he didn't equal Dilian Whyte. Minto was already beaten up before the fight and what can we say about Tupou felled by a skip punch.

Meehan looked really old in that fight. Jo surely is worthy of better opposition.
Repeat after me, Sham: April. April. April. And why is Diehard so certain. Because. If it doesn't, people like Sham will no longer pay $40 for tomato cans. Waiting is over. A statement has been made. April.
Yes - but he actually has better journeymen on his resume than other contenders do at the same stage.

So why bag the guy?

2016 should tell us a lot more.

-Kiwi
Hahaha lol kiwi, bagging now, oh well have it as that if its the way you deal with questions you don't agree with I guess we mustnt complain as long as he's winning not look at how he's winning, you're right.

Didn't bag Parker but Stu's b/S if there's a difference.
Personally I like Stu - and I think they are bringing Joe along quite well at this stage.

Soon enough the bigger challenges will come

-Kiwi
AJ, your boy, has faced the same quality of opposition as Parker, is ranked higher, certainly gets hyped, and nothing but praise from Sham. Different fighters, different rules. And Whyte, who was unranked at the time, had him in trouble in the 3rd.
True dat, Die.

And now sham comes back with....
Personally I think it proves Joshua can take a punch, not sure about Parker YET.
I agree.  Good test for AJ.  Mighta been different if Whyte hadn't hurt his shoulder.  Mighta, coulda, shoulda.  Parker took a nice punch from Nacimento.