Heavyweight Division
Fury: I’m ready to fight this weekend

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has launched another salvo of insults at heavyweight rivals Anthony Joshua, Dillian Whyte, and Oleksandr Usyk.

“I’m just gonna keep videoing until one of these cowards decides to fight,” said Fury on social media. “You’re all cowards! Shithouse bums! I don’t care who I fight. AJ, Usyk, Dillian Whyte or any of them. Fight me! I’m the best man that’s ever lived. Yas are all coward bum-dossers. I’ll annihilate the lot of yas and destroy yas, submit yas, tap you bitches out. Come and fight!

“I’ve been asked this question over and over again. I do not know the answers to it. I’m ready to fight this weekend. I’ve been training for eight weeks. How long does a man need to train? Joshua is a coward. Usyk is a pussy. Whyte don’t want to fight. So you can prove me wrong and get to f**king fighting you pair of cowards. You’re all cowards. You’re all bum-dossers! Have a fight or do one you pack of wet lettuces!”
Games, games, games:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/eddie-hearn-reveals-joshua-given-step-aside-offer/211144
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/todays-fury-vs-whyte-purse-bid-moved-to-friday/211168
Makabu-Mchunu/Bryan-Guidry Final Press Conference

Mayor William D. Franklin of Warren, Ohio, proclaimed Wednesday, January 26, as “Don King Day” at the final press conference for Don King’s PPV event on Saturday at the W.D. Packard Music Hall in Warren, Ohio. In the featured bouts, WBC cruiserweight champion Ilunga Makabu will defend his world title against #1 Thabiso Mchunu in the main event while WBA heavyweight champion Trevor Bryan will square off against WBA #13-ranked Jonathan Guidry.

Ilunga Makabu: “I hope everybody knows who I am. I’m very thankful for this opportunity to be here today in front of you guys. I’m very thankful to Don King Productions for making this event happen because plenty of events have been disturbed by COVID. I’m very happy to be here and to have the opportunity to defend our title on January 29. I don’t have much to say. I just want to say good luck to my opponent Thabiso Mchunu because this is the second time I’m fighting him now. Thanks to all who come to support us. Thanks to my team. Enjoy the fight on the 29th.”

Thabiso Mchunu: “The hard work has been done. Come fight night, I am ready to go. All the best to everyone who is fighting on Saturday night.”

Trevor Bryan: “I am here to stay, to keep proving myself. I have a strong opponent in front of me in Jonathan Guidry. I appreciate him being out here. This is a big opportunity for him as well. We are going to show it out for you in Ohio and showcase all this talent for the whole world to see. It’s been a long road, a lot of hearsay. I am here to stay. It won’t be long now. I am the journey.”

Jonathan Guidry: “All the hard work is done. I am just glad we got the opportunity. We are just thankful to be out here to shock the world.”

Don King: “We’re going to have a sensational evening of boxing. I am very pleased to be home again. It will give people a chance to have fun again. No one should take it lightly. It would be much better if you take the vaccinations and the shot, wear your mask and socially distance.

“We are here to give you a moment of respite. Hey everybody, let’s have some fun. Live it once, and when you’re dead, you’re done. No matter whether you are young or old, let the good times roll.

“I have to thank God because we had a governor (of Ohio) who reduced the charge for me, basically because he said it wasn’t possible. Nevertheless, he put his reputation on the line. They sent me to the Ohio penitentiary. They said they were going to give me shock probation. I had never been arrested so they were going to give me 30-90 days. I ended up doing four years. I made the time serve me. I educated myself in the penitentiary. When I came out of the penitentiary, the good citizens of Cleveland were waiting to tell me about the hospital that was going to be closed down for lack of funds and would I promote a fundraiser for the hospital.

“I called Muhammad Ali to come in and box five or six guys. In so doing, we would raise money for this hospital. He told me that I was the greatest promoter he had ever seen, and I should go into boxing. So, my first fight was Muhammad Ali. We made history together. Then he got convicted by not taking that step into the Army. He was sentenced to five years and a big fine at the height of his career. He stood as a conscientious objector. The United States Supreme Court reversed that decision. Ali then came back and made history again with me promoting him.

“The four years that he (Ali) was out, no one knows how great he would have really been because he was at the top of his career. Plus, he would have made millions of dollars during those four years.

“You’ve got to say, ‘Muhammad Ali take a deep breath. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Your hands can’t hit what your eyes can’t see.’ He was so fast that he could turn the switch off and get in bed before the room got dark.”

Bernie Profato (Executive Director of Ohio Athletic Commission): “In 1972 Don King called me and I was a young referee at the time. He asked if I wouldn’t mind donating my time because they were going to do a boxing show for this hospital. I said, ‘Don, for you, absolutely anything.’ Don King is the only person in the state of Ohio that I have issued a lifetime boxing license to. No one deserves it more than him. This is probably the greatest overall fight card in the 20 years that I have been at the Ohio Athletic Commission to be promoted in Warren, Ohio. I am so honored that Don has done this.”
Kabayel-Huck on hold for now

Looks like heavyweight Agit Kabayel won’t be facing off against former cruiserweight world champion Marco Huck for the vacant European heavyweight championship until sometime in the spring. The bout was ordered by the EBU (European Boxing Union) in the last quarter of 2021 and both camps quickly reached a deal. Promoters agree that the event must take place in front of as many spectators and boxing fans as possible at a prominent location in Germany.

However, under restrictions due to the corona pandemic, large event locations nationwide haven’t been feasible in recent months. Both sides are now looking optimistically towards the beginning of spring in order to finally nail down a fight date and venue.
Fury v Whyte confirmed
will find link
Thanks bart.  I found this:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-dillian-whyte-fight-26068048

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-dillian-whyte-fight-b2001790.html
https://www.facebook.com/195451837759735/posts/959221291382782
Lot of money.../
Sorry bart, I don't do facebook. Any way you can cut and paste? Maybe use your son...
Not to worry, I got it!

Warren wins Fury-Whyte purse bid

Hall of Fame promoter Frank Warren/Queensberry Promotions won the right to stage the WBC heavyweight title fight between champion Tyson Fury and mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte at a purse bid on Friday in Mexico City. Warren’s bid of $41,025,000 far outpaced the $32,222,222 bid by Matchroom Boxing. Warren’s bid was the largest in the history of boxing. The split will be 80/20 for Fury.

So Fury-Whyte is on and there will be no step-aside deal for Anthony Joshua, who is now expected to finalize his rematch with WBA/IBF/WBO champ Oleksandr Usyk.