Heavyweight Division
...and Michael Hunter? Chauncy was fighting at State Fairs last I heard. I don't think Chauncy has ever been KO'd. He'll probably get stopped by Hunter by TKO.
Sadly no one wants to fight Hunter so he has to go to fighting opponents like this. Hope Hunter and Hrgovic can sort a fight next year.
Hrgovic seems pretty protected not wanting to fight anyone with a pulse
(11-22-2020, 08:21 AM)bart Wrote: Hrgovic seems pretty protected not wanting to fight anyone with a pulse

That's what happens when you're a foreigner signing with Hearn. He only really cares about his British HWs so guys like Hrgovic, Zhang and Parker will be stuck fighting journeymen on random US cards in the middle of nowhere.
(11-22-2020, 08:56 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:21 AM)bart Wrote: Hrgovic seems pretty protected not wanting to fight anyone with a pulse

That's what happens when you're a foreigner signing with Hearn. He only really cares about his British HWs so guys like Hrgovic, Zhang and Parker will be stuck fighting journeymen on random US cards in the middle of nowhere.

Do you think this is partly the result of Covid, or is Hearn like this anyway? I know he's VERY loyal to the UK fighters, as he's always featuring them on his promotions, but Parker has gotten a few look-ins. It'll be interesting to see where Parker goes from here if he doesn't fight Fa.
(11-22-2020, 10:56 AM)diehard Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 08:56 AM)African Monkey Wrote:

Do you think this is partly the result of Covid, or is Hearn like this anyway?  I know he's VERY loyal to the UK fighters, as he's always featuring them on his promotions, but Parker has gotten a few look-ins.  It'll be interesting to see where Parker goes from here if he doesn't fight Fa.

He's fought Leapai and Winters on undercards in 18 months. He's not really going anywhere under Hearn. If he fights someone other than Fa next, it'll probably be someone like Rudenko/Wach/Molina on a random undercard in Minnesota or something haha.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/eddie-hearn-defends-24-95-ppv-price-for-joshua-vs-pulev-on-dec-12th/164879

No thank you. Maybe NZ will get it for free. Better yet, hope we get the Joyce/Debois fight this weekend!
Anyone see the Babic fight on the Benn undercard?  He looks good, and is 6-0 with 6 KO's.  Time to step up.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/164885/164885
He wants to fight Hygovic which would be a fun Croat on Croat brawl.
He looks tough but I feel he will get found out v a top10. Still entertaining to watch and listen to so more power to him
Get ready for a big week of boxing

On Friday, DAZN presents a super middleweight grudge match between Daniel Jacobs and Gabriel Rosado. Apparently, the co-feature with Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade is off.

On Saturday, ESPN+ has the all-British heavyweight showdown between Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce. Then later that night on PPV, it’s the exhibition between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr.

The WBC will use remote scoring for the Tyson-Jones event. Judges are Christy Salters Martin, Vinny Paz, and Chad Dawson.

Congratulations to WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman, who was presented with the 2020 National Sports Award in the Protection and Promotion of the Practice of Sports category by Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. In 2015, the same honor was conferred on his father Don Jose Sulaiman.