Heavyweight Division
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/pulev-says-hell-expose-joshua-the-fans-have-been-idolising-the-wrong-guy/164400
ubois predicts ‘devastating finish’ against Joyce

Heavyweight Daniel Dubois insists he’s ready to roll with the punches when it comes to his next career step and would take a world title fight behind closed doors if he had to. 23-year-old ‘Dynamite’ has seen first-hand the havoc Coronavirus restrictions can wreak on the sporting schedule, with his upcoming bout with Joe Joyce having been pushed back three times this year.

Unfazed, Dubois fully intends to continue his rapid ascent through the ranks of boxing’s glamour division and would take whatever shot came his way, regardless of how it came to him.

Of getting a world title shot behind-closed-doors he said: “If the situation doesn’t improve and it doesn’t look likely there’ll be crowds there I’d definitely take it. After this fight, if that’s the next option then we’ll definitely take it.”

Dubois (15-0, 14KO’s) is currently ranked #2 with the WBO and, if internet whispers are to be believed, could be in-line to face #1 ranked Ukranian Oleksandr Usyk for the title should Britain’s Anthony Joshua vacate the title in search of a superfight with ‘The Gypsy King’ Tyson Fury.

Questioned by host Dev Sahni about his willingness to take on a fight against Usyk at such an early stage of his career, Dubois was assured in his response: “I’d definitely take that on.

“It’s another big challenge and another big exciting fight. He’s a talented boxer with a good boxing brain and good all round movement.”

Former Cruiserweight kingpin Usyk would undoubtedly enter any such fight as the bookies favorite, owing to his wealth of experience, but ‘Dynamite’ believes he has the attributes to overcome the odds.

Asked what he has that would see him claim victory over Usyk, he said: “My athleticism, my speed, my youth and my power. All that put together.”

Ready to take on any challenge, Dubois also insists that should Joshua not vacate the title then he’d happily take part in a ‘Battle of Britain’ affair with AJ for the Gold.

When questioned on what kind of fighter would prove to be Olympic Gold medallist Joshua’s undoing, Dubois said someone who was “young and hungry”.

So, did the ambitious Greenwich prospect have anyone in mind?

“Yeah” he laughed, “me next!”

Before any World Title opportunity though, there’s a massive obstacle in his way by the name of Joe Joyce.

35-year-old Joyce boasts an undefeated record of his own, with 11 wins to his credit, and is backed by many within boxing to deliver a first defeat his younger foe.

Dubois however is convinced that he has the answers to any questions posed by ‘The Juggernaut’.

“Whatever he does I’ve got an answer for it. If he tries to move in and fight me that’ll be better for me, that’s what I want, but if he tries to box I can do that too. I’m not worried about what he’ll try and do.”

With another behind-closed-doors bout ahead of him, perhaps not for the last time, confident Dubois knows exactly what people can expect come November 28th when he faces off against Joyce.

“A knockout. A devastating finish.”
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/michael-hunter-vs-chauncy-welliver-on-december-19/164477
what a pile of shite
Hunter can surely do better ...
I thought Chauncey retired after SBW
Sad.
https://youtu.be/6T7pvcxvpHQ
He's huge.
Joyce insulted by underdog status

Heavyweight Joe Joyce has revealed he feels “insulted” by bookmakers who fancy him as the underdog in his upcoming battle with ‘Dynamite’ Dubois. Speaking to The Queensberry Lowdown, Joyce explained that the way he has been overlooked has left him feeling like a mere journeyman.

Currently, Unibet themselves have Daniel Dubois as the -450 favorite, while ‘Juggernaut’ is an outside bet at +300 to emerge victorious.

It is expected that the fight will be an explosive affair, too, with Unibet offering just 3/10 on the fight not going the distance.

“To be honest, I feel a bit insulted,” said Joyce, “the way the bookies have it is just crazy. It’s like I haven’t done anything and I’m just a journeyman.

“It’s like I’m the underdog.”

Olympic Silver medallist Joyce is confident the bookies have got it wrong and vowed that “people who bet on me will have a nicer Christmas.”

At 35-years-old, and with a wealth of amateur pedigree, Joyce believes his experience will be what gives him the edge over 23-year-old Dubois.

“I’ve performed at a higher level so that psychologically gives me an edge,” said Joyce. “We’ll see on the night if it’s going to be the young, hungry pup or the more seasoned veteran.”

Joyce received criticism for his physique earlier this year when he boxed Michael Wallisch.

Though ‘Juggernaut’ would come through that test with flying colors, advancing his record to 11-0 in the process, many fans and pundits questioned his career-high weight of 270lbs.

Any fears he may come in for the Dubois scrap equally chunky seem to have been allayed though, with a series of social media posts this week showing off his impressive abs.

Joyce didn’t reveal what he planned to weigh come fight night, but he did turn the tables on young Dubois by questioning his own increasing size.

Daniel weighed in at 231lbs for his debut in 2017, whereas when he took out Dutchman Ricardo Snijders in August at the BT Studios he was a whopping 244lbs.

“(Daniel) looks great. He looks hench mate, he looks massive.

“But it’s not all about size or how good your body looks in the boxing ring. He’s got big muscle mass, so it’s going to be hard to keep throwing shots.”

However “insulted” he may feel, Joe’s new slimline body is clearly a testament to the work he’s been putting in at the gym and he believes preparations couldn’t have been better as he readies himself to beat not just Dubois but the odds too.

“Camp has gone great and I’m firing on all cylinders.”
(11-21-2020, 10:35 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: https://youtu.be/6T7pvcxvpHQ
He's huge.

I remember speaking to Chauncy on this website about his taking his career seriously, not being a clown, and getting in the best shape possible. He hired a nutritionist, got good sparring partners, new trainer, got married, and began running. He lost a lot of weight, and went to the next level. Unfortunately, he only got so far, and eventually retired. He should have stayed retired.
(11-21-2020, 10:35 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: https://youtu.be/6T7pvcxvpHQ
He's huge.

wow i thought at one stage he was trying to look after himself, always came across a decent bloke. i hope he can do something to improve his health as he is dangerously overweight
He IS a decent bloke, and not stupid. But what he's doing now is VERY stupid. He's gonna have a heart attack in the ring. Idiot.