Parker vs Ruiz for WBO
He would for a title.
(10-23-2016, 02:47 PM)Westywarrior Wrote: If Joe beats Ruiz  and becomes WBO champion surely Haye would be be obliged to come to New Zealand  to challenge for the belt?

pretty sure if joe wins they have a certain time to make fight otherwise it goes to purse bid. if a purse bidi think champ get 75% of money so champion can bid more  and not have to pay the fight the exact amount. e.g. if duco offer 4 million. duco/joe gets 3 and haye gets 1.  promoter of fight pays the camps there amount. as duco is promoter they don't have to pass on to get home town. haye would have to win the bid but as the challenger he can't discount like the champion. so i reckon win win for joe/duco a far as keeping control.  who ever wins keeps tv broadcast rights. so the ppv in uk from down here would be massive id have thought. I'm sure if they had don here would be on UK time so a morning show
If haye v parker goes to purse bids Duco won't win the bid.
(10-23-2016, 03:40 PM)diehard Wrote: He would for a title.

I'm not so sure. Haye isn't back for getting belts, or to unify, he's back for the money. Fighting Parker for a title is pretty risky. It will probably be in NZ or the US, and will generate much less money than what he could fight Bellew or Joshua for. Haye is highly rated in the WBA, which is the route he is apparently wanting to go down. He is also highly rated in the IBF, which Parker will be out of when he fights Ruiz. That leaves Pulev as the mandatory for Joshua, and Pulev doesn't seem keen to fight Joshua as we know, so he could be out. Guess who's next? You bet your arse - Mr Haye.

If Haye doesn't opt to fight Parker, Hughie Fury would be next. I'm not so sure Hughie would fight Parker right now - he didn't jump into the Joshua fight when he had the opportunity, so I wouldn't be surprised if he declines as well. So we may end up with Parker fighting (next in line) Michael Wallisch for his first defence.

Of course it's all assumptions, but it's fun to speculate.
If I'm David Haye I'd take that Tony Bellew fight first for a couple of reasons

#1 it's a couple of million pounds (probably around $5,000,000 nzd) for a very easy nights work

#2 it rebuilds his relationship with sky

#3 he does a bit of business with Hearn, he may be able to get Matchroom to bankroll a purse bid for parker fight in which case if he wins he unifies with Joshua

But yeah it'll probably end up parker vs Wallisch at Claude lands even center in the tron for his first defence
You're way more insightful than me, Msreef. Questions: Why would Parker have to vacate his mandatory status in the IBF if he wins the WBO title? Or is it that he vacates the mandatory status with IBF title by just fighting Ruiz for the WBO?

Is the WBO saying that he HAS to fight his mandatory in 120 days regardless of who it is? Is that in keeping with the WBO rules, as it seems awful fast to defend your title against a mandatory so soon after winning it?

If Haye is in this for the money, he'd be foolish to fight Parker as opposed to AJ or Bellew. The WBA route is a mess, why would he go that route? And fight Klit or Ortiz?
Ruiz: Parker doesn’t fight good going backwards

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

WBO#3 Andy Ruiz (29-0, 19 KOs) has signed the contract to fight WBO#1, IBF#1, heavyweight Joseph Parker (21-0, 18 KOs) in Auckland, New Zealand on December 10 and has said he is working on a plan to be aggressive and keep Parker going backwards.

“I hope he thinks I’m going to get tired like I did in my last fight (Franklin Lawrence) because I wasn’t prepared for that fight. I’m going to be smart and hit the body. When I sparred (Parker) I was counter-punching so you will see a lot of that. The main thing for me is to use my speed and be aggressive. I don’t think he likes the pressure. I don’t think he knows how to fight going backwards good.”

Bob Arum said “Andy Ruiz signed the contract with us on tuesday, so everything is signed and sealed.”

Colonel Bob Sheridan said “New Zealand has a fighter (Parker) who could win the world title. Parker is right at the peak, he is right there. To be able to have everything come together and have this fight take place in Auckland New Zealand is a massive thing.”
Ruiz is right. So Parker needs to use his jab to keep Ruiz off him, and when Ruiz does pressure him, Joe needs to land that big right. Ruiz is undefeated at 29-0, so this will be the first time he gets KO'd in his career.
(10-23-2016, 04:59 PM)diehard Wrote: You're way more insightful than me, Msreef.  Questions:  Why would Parker have to vacate his mandatory status in the IBF if he wins the WBO title?  Or is it that he vacates the mandatory status with IBF title by just fighting Ruiz for the WBO?

Is the WBO saying that he HAS to fight his mandatory in 120 days regardless of who it is?  Is that in keeping with the WBO rules, as it seems awful fast to defend your title against a mandatory so soon after winning it?

If Haye is in this for the money, he'd be foolish to fight Parker as opposed to AJ or Bellew.  The WBA route is a mess, why would he go that route?  And fight Klit or Ortiz?

Organizations don't rank other sanctioning bodies champions.

If you think about it it kind of degrades their status as a sanctioning body
(10-23-2016, 04:59 PM)diehard Wrote: You're way more insightful than me, Msreef. Questions: Why would Parker have to vacate his mandatory status in the IBF if he wins the WBO title? Or is it that he vacates the mandatory status with IBF title by just fighting Ruiz for the WBO?

Is the WBO saying that he HAS to fight his mandatory in 120 days regardless of who it is? Is that in keeping with the WBO rules, as it seems awful fast to defend your title against a mandatory so soon after winning it?

If Haye is in this for the money, he'd be foolish to fight Parker as opposed to AJ or Bellew. The WBA route is a mess, why would he go that route? And fight Klit or Ortiz?

The IBF won't force a unification fight if Parker becomes a belt holder, as Parker will be removed from their list once he becomes the champ. As I understand it the mandatory will still be enforced, Parker just won't be it. It will likely be Pulev / Haye that Joshua must fight after his next fight.

Yes I understand it that way, this mandatory situation with the WBO only applies because Ruiz and Parker are fighting for a vacant belt, so they don't let them get it that easily. If Parker had beaten Tyson Fury when Fury was the champ, Parker wouldn't have had to face his mandatory so quickly after (120 days).

I'm not sure why Haye is apparently so keen on going down the WBA belt. Maybe he'd like to face Wlad again, which could happen as the Browne fight certainly isn't made yet - apparently Browne wants a lot more money than what's being offered. Haye is a slimy buggar, who knows what evil plans he is scheming up haha.