Andy Ruiz, is he being overlooked?
It seems almost a forgone conclusion that Joe will be wbo champion if the fight gets made, but are we looking past Andy Ruiz?

I think it needs to be discussed.

Ruiz has some good skills, fast hands, tidy power, can mix it on the inside, surprising stamina for a man his size.

In addition he has had a decent apprenticeship. His resume doesn't have names, but it has a wide variety of different styles, spoilers, awkward guys.

It reminds me a little of Tyson Fury's resume pre klitschko, and James Degales' between the Groves and Dirrell fights.

Ruiz is supposedly a lazy trainer but perhaps he will rise above that for such an opportunity.

Let's examine the styles and discuss, could Ruiz jr spoil everyone's plans.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wYzb51fXU3A
Dwyer puts me to sleep. ZZZzzzzzzzz
(10-13-2016, 07:53 PM)Infern0 Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wYzb51fXU3A

OK, I do agree with Dwyer in some points he makes.

Does Ruiz control the fight with a high guard come forward style? How does Parker handle this and has he learnt from the Takam fight?

Yes and Yes I believe. Ruiz will come forward, and Parker has learnt from his outing with Takam. 

Parker wins. 
(10-13-2016, 09:22 PM)NakiFan Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 07:53 PM)Infern0 Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wYzb51fXU3A

OK, I do agree with Dwyer in some points he makes.

Does Ruiz control the fight with a high guard come forward style? How does Parker handle this and has he learnt from the Takam fight?

Yes and Yes I believe. Ruiz will come forward, and Parker has learnt from his outing with Takam. 

Parker wins. 

Takam boxed a Backfoot style most of the fight with Parker.  When he did come forward he found success and had parker languishing on the ropes like a drunken sailor just set ashore in the days of Pirates on the high seas

It remains to be seen if he has learned
IF you believe KB, Parker won every round the last time they sparred. I don't rate Ruiz highly. He hasn't improved in the last few years, and Parker has. Ruiz' opponents have been journeymen.
Parker: Ruiz ripped my mouth

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

WBO #1, IBF #1 heavyweight Joseph Parker (21-0, 18 KOs) and WBO #3 Andy Ruiz (29-0, 19 KOs) were in three sparring sessions in 2013 and it was revealed that in the first sparring session Ruiz dazed and cut Parker.

Joseph Parker: “I remember when I sparred him in 2013, he had a lot of power. I was saying to someone else, he was the only one who punched me, the hardest I’ve ever been punched before and ripped my mouth. I couldn’t eat for about three days so I know he’s got a lot of power, and he’s got a lot of experience. But I know if I have a great training camp, I know I will beat anyone in the world.”

Andy Ruiz: “I was kind of surprised because it didn’t seem like he was really hurt in the sparring. The first time we sparred there were some good exchanges. He’s pretty fast and he likes to throw combinations as well. We were both exchanging and I guess I got there first. I kind of dazed him. I rocked him pretty good.”

Bob Arum (Ruiz) and Dean Lonergan (Parker) of Duco Events are in negotiations for Ruiz and Parker to clash in December or early 2017 with the vacant WBO crown up for grabs now that Tyson Fury has vacated both WBO and WBA titles. The WBO is discussing the way forward at their current convention.