If Parker wins the heavyweight title is he our best ever sportsman
(10-06-2016, 09:39 AM)faimoko Wrote: David fought in the states against  some big names in boxing history when the HW division  was real.. David put NZ on the map and made a lot of nz  people interested in boxing, those people are now following parker in huge numbers..Tua changed the face of boxing in NZ forever..

Parker has the chance to do the same. Regardless of the opposition he has faced so far, there has been huge levels of interest in Boxing since Parker has been on the scene. 

In all honesty, I heard of Parker during his amateur days, prior to the lead up of the Commonwealth Games. It was my incentive to get back into watching Boxing since the Tua days. I'm sure I'm not alone with a similar story. 

If Parker goes onto a chance for a title, win or lose, and bows out in 6 years with a good record, he can be credited in bringing another generation into the sport. 
To answer the OP, no. If this fight was to go ahead and JP was to win, it wouldn't even be the best win on his record. He would have to unify the division for me to be considered one of our greatest.
If he unifies the division he has to be our greatest.

I love rugby but it's not a worldwide sport.

Boxing is worldwide and if Joe becomes the man, he's our greatest