Parker vs Martin?
Sorry die, I haven't paid for a fight a long time now. Not at 40 bucks.
If it's true it shows a lot of confidence from the Parker camp.
I'll pay $40 through fightpass if it does turn out to be Dimitrenko.
Happy to pay if it's a good fight, as most people probably are. Some people won't pay regardless, so there's no money lost there, even if they stream it.
I think Izu will fight in the US in September, which means he won't be on the card. I seriously hope they get some serious fighters on there and not circus acts. And retire Brown Buttabean.
Paying duco 40 bucks leaves a bad taste. Sincerely, I do believe Jo Parker has developed some serious talent, it's a shame however he is overhyped, which means he has to perform like a superstar. He needs to get some credit for the pressure they have heaped on him. Seems to me he needs more time to mature without the consequence of a world title fight constantly in his face.
I think The brown butterbean is retiring after he fights the Tongan bear again.
Alexander dimitrenko is a good fight. His Pulev fight wasn't to bad, years ago now tho.
(07-22-2016, 09:50 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 09:25 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Eddie chambers schooled him years ago he's a basic big man but lacks power, handspeed, head movement and his chin ain't all that either. Oh and his prime was about 6 years ago.

So yeah it will probably be him

Infern0 what chance do you give Parker to beat Joshua? Percentage wise?

30% 

It could be higher but the fight favours joshua stylistically. Parker used to have better movement and looked like he was going to develop more of an ambush style similar to David haye, though he would use the jab more often.

Over the last couple of years however the movement has dried up and parker has become more of a center of the ring guy. 

The style that he would need to beat Joshua is an ambush style with lots of head movement and coming in sniper style from the outside. It's why I belive David haye would probably beat Joshua because that is the way to take a guy like that out.

But parker doesn't fight like that he's going to stand and trade with Joshua and bank on his chin which is foolish. he's not mobile enough and in that fight I'm taking joshua who is bigger, stronger, ranger, hits harder, is more defensivley aware, throws better counters and punches cleaner.

The only advantage parker has is handspeed which won't be enoughp
Very good analysis, Infern0. Yep, 30% sounds about right, especially if you consider that AJ is used to a huge audience on the big stage, and the fight being in his backyard. Actually, the way Parker has fought his last two fights, I think 30% is generous.

Also agree. Ambush, kamikaze style is the way to disrupt AJ. Parker has the speed to do it, but he needs to shore up his defense so he doesn't get something back from AJ for his efforts.

Parker and KB said they saw things in the Breazeale fight that made them confident in the AJ fight. I frankly don't see it. AJ is/has been unbeatable to date against inferior opposition. Worst you can say about him so far is that Whyte momentarily stunned him.

If he fights someone competitive, all that possibly changes, as competitive guys will expose his weaknesses. To date, I don't see any.
If he fights Stiverne, and Stiverne doesn't bring a pressure game to AJ.....AJ still hasn't felt someone coming at him throwing punches.

We are constantly chatting about ensuring that Parker has improved various things, but can you honestly say that AJ has been tested on how he handles pressure fighters, or people that aren't afraid to throw punches at him.

At this point in time, we know more about Parker than we do AJ.

Regardless, AJ has to be tipped as favourite, which isn't a bad thing as Parker needs to bring a complete game, and constantly do those good things in the ring, in every minute of the fight. The Haumono fight showed, just like the Takam fight, that Parker turns off the jab and allows the opposition to get a bit of confidence. I think back to the Meehan fight, and while Meehan was coming in and attempting to tie up Parker, Parker threw him off and continued body and close in combos. He seemed to have stagnated badly during parts of these last 2 fights. Then all of a sudden he switches on again and throws combos and reflex counter punches that are up there with the best.

Is it time to step away from Barry for parts of his camp, to listen to a few different voices. Living, and training together from a young age may have plateaued his development mentality.

I just don't know.

LOL