Parker vs Martin?
(07-23-2016, 08:16 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 07:45 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I like Parker, it not to. He developross very grounded and is certainly a big prospect but, here's the but, he's being built up far too much and maybe not handling the pressure. Stunning combo to finish the fight on Thursday but was very lacklustre and got caught far too many times by the game but unfit, old and limited Sol. Joshua would hammer him, all this bullshit about Joshua hasn't fought anybody and Parker beat Takam..... Nonsense, Parkers not ready for Joshua. Price,Whyte,Sexton or fat Chisora! Let's see what Parker is made of against Joshua's bread and butter. I reckon its only the fact that the heavyweight division is so weak that people are starting to believe. He's top ten defiantly, maybe top 7 but there is a difference.

Thing is it is true when they say joshua hasn't fought anyone.

He had that one blip against Whyte caused by him fighting like a Muppet but that was a personal grudge match where they hated each other from years back

But breazele and Martin for me are at least a level above the Solomon haumano of this world and parker has looked flawed enough at that level to suggest he would have trouble stepping up. The Takam fight showed more trouble for me it was a real grind and certainly not an elite level performance

Do need to see more from joshua but his last two performances were technically very astute and Joshua looked levels above.

Plus for parker fans it is possible he fights down to the level of his opponents will have to wait and see

I think its the wrong route for Parket to take, hes young in terms of boxing experience. Joshuas  only a couple years older but in terms of boxing at elite level is light years ahead. I guess Parker from a promoters point of view has to justify $40-50 ppv a fight, not really sure its devoloping him as Boxer though. I think Eddie Hearn thinks Joshua is the goods already so nice little easy defenses against the likes of breazele only wets the publics lips. It does make you wonder how much ppv will cost over here for parker/joshua? I mean if parker/sol was $40 its gotta be atleast $60 maybe 70. And it seems now its enevitable the fight will happen.
I'm in a nice little situation where I've told all my English boxing buddies about Parker and how I rate him, so if he does shock everybody (and me) by beating Joshua I get to be the one they all say ah yeah Craig said he was good.. Haha.
(07-23-2016, 09:00 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I'm in a nice little situation where I've told all my English boxing buddies about Parker and how I rate him, so if he does shock everybody (and me) by beating Joshua I get to be the one they all say ah yeah Craig said he was good.. Haha.

Yeah, but now they're gonna want you to put some money on Parker when he faces AJ. Cool, but make sure you get great odds.