Joseph Parker vs Solomon Haumono Full Fight Card
(07-22-2016, 01:14 PM)shamrock Wrote: Die, JP is a coach robot. KB shouting directions from ringside. I've had fighters like that, won't work in the bigger frame of things. Jo has some good angles and power for class b and c but I'm thinking  he's not far from being truly exposed. And die please allow different points of view without becoming over sensitive. This is only an opinion board after all, not an elimination contest.

Didn't realise I was being sensitive.  It's one thing to question Parker's skills, another to rubbish the man.  So I take up for the young fella.

Anyway, I did think Parker was in danger off and on throughout the fight.  Haumono can punch, and he did hit Joe more than he should have, given their age, level of past opponents, and skill.  Not a good look.  

Parker has been exposed, both by Takam and also Haumono.  Parker needs to work on some things, notably his defense.  He IS robotic like you say, not so much in how he fights (that would be AJ) but how many mistakes he makes while sticking to the plan.  Personally, I don't have a problem with AJ being robotic, as it works for him.  Klit was robotic, and got the job done for 10 years.

Sham, you know that I respect your opinion.  So what does Joe need to do to evade punches and not be a "coach robot?"  Is the problem KB's coaching, or how Parker relates to him?  Both?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joseph Parker vs Solomon Haumono Full Fight Card - diehard - 07-22-2016, 01:28 PM