Parker/Takam, viewing and predictions.
Thanks Msreef. Just got started with the first fighters.
Takam--109.4kg or 241 pounds
Parker--106.4kg or 234.5 pounds
Alright prediction time from me.

Parker tko11 with the ref stopping takam on his feet

I have gone back and forth on this fight and I feel it is close but what it comes down to at the end of the day takam doesn't shine in any particular area which he can use to win.

Power - no
Size - no
Speed - no

He just doesn't have enough about him to do anything but give Joe a hard fight.

The only way he could win is if he literally comes out like a man possessed and just stays in joes face all night long and hope that Joe eventually folds to the pressure late on, but takam would need to invest to the body for 8-9 rounds to achieve this.

Basically Takam needs the fight of his life to win while Joe just needs a solid performance.

Round 1-2 will dictate this fight, if takam is on the outside then Joe wins easily, if takam has already worked his way inside then Joe is in strife.

Ultimately I see takam not closing distance enough and Joe putting in too much from the outside and either a very late stoppage or wide points.

If takam had ko power I'd pick him but he doesn't.
32 Kos in 35 fights....
ok for no power I'm tinkin
25KO's from 36 fights, Sham. But he does have power, just not top of the line power. As someone else said, he's more of a volume puncher. He goes to the body alot, and likes to trade. That's where I see Parker KO'ing him.

He didn't KO two top level fighters, Perez or TT. But I thought he was definitely in the fight with Povetkin until he got KO'd in the 10th. Against Povetkin, he was able to take Povetkin's punches, and hit Povetkin fairly easily.

I just think that Parker has the style to win this. As you say, whoever controls the distance controls the fight. And Parker better control the distance! Here's Takam's record: http://boxrec.com/boxer/355273
I'm picking it to go the distance

Parker dominating the early rounds staying at range and working the jab
Takam eats jabs to get inside and work the body , Joseph lands the occasional right cross but Takam wears it and keeps pressing
Eventually Takams body attack pays dividends , Parker tires and Takam Takes over pummelling a spent Parker all but knocking him out

Parker holds on though , everyone thinks Takams won but
It goes to the cards for a controversial majority draw! (it's boxing so something controversial has gotta happen)

26/1 on the TAB , I hope I'm wrong for Joseph's sake but I like a bet
Looked like they were close to the same height at the weigh-in, with Parker maybe an inch taller.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/80208348/carlos-takam-pips-joseph-parker-on-the-scales-at-impressive-weighin
(05-20-2016, 02:01 PM)Yanni Wrote: To be fair, Povetkin has a granite chin that has proven to be world-class, but Takam hasn't exactly shown any ability to KO high level opponents either.  Don't get me wrong, Takam is a decent chance to win this and is definitely a step up from Parker's previous opponents and perhaps Takam's experience is an intangible factor that helps him.  They avoided him because there were simply safer options to explore.

It doesn't mean Parker isn't the favourite here though, and it doesn't negate Parker's natural advantages.

"But should it happen the other way I hope you guys are ready for the abuse and the exposed calls that will follow"

I'll be happy to take it if Parker loses, they're just words on the internet lol.  At least I'm willing to make a call rather than playing it safe by saying this is a "50/50" fight when it's not, as if there's some sort of shame in getting a sports call wrong.

I already said  I think Takam stops him late. Maybe you should read the thread.

The way some of you guys talk it seems there is no reason to fight the fight. We all know what happened with Douglas vs Tyson. Nothiis guatanteed in the heavyweight division.

Me saying I think it's 50/50 is saying I think it could go either way. And I wouldn't surprised to see either guys hand raised.
All fights are 50/50 in that one guy will win, and another lose. It's binary.

I do think it's fair to say that the bookies are correct in saying JP is the favourite, but I don't think by as much as the betting odds are. Believe it's something like 3-1. No way.
Well said Yani I'm in great agreement with your words. It's really an 'I dunno fight' and I can definitely smell an upset to nz boxchat lol