Parker/Takam, viewing and predictions.
I'll be at the fight live. I think Takam stops Parker late. This is really a 50/ 50 type fight for me. Both guys look in great shape and it has been nice to see two guys showing respect without all the trash talk and BS hype. This is a darn good fight and if both guys can advance from here. If it is a competitive battle then both guys will continue to get good fights. I hope Parker can pull out the win, a victory gives him instant credibility and confirms his arrival as a top contender.
50/50 am not confident parker can do the business after watching u tube fights of Takam lol, Parker KO round 8...12 of us in a tight room bottles will be thrown and pizza stains on the carpet the following day..(cleaner booked)

good luck to Parker lets go boy make Oceania proud, and show sham he's very wrong..lol

enjoy it my man sham!!
I think you guys are overstating Takam's chances. This is not a 50/50 fight. Sure, he has a chance because he's big, fit and has a high output, but he doesn't have the same tools that Parker has. Parkers combination work, hand-speed of course and probably has an edge in the power department and footwork as well.

I don't rate Takam's power, so I doubt he'll be able to KO Parker with one punch, so the only way he does get a KO is by accumulating those power punches and because of Parkers advantage in speed, size and boxing skills I think it's unlikely he'll be able to do that.

Anyway, you're right that this will be a good fight as Takam is still a real chance to win, but I rate the odds as 70/30 in Parkers favour.

My pick is Parker by 8th round KO, but I do get the sneaking suspicion it could go to the cards.
I'm with you, Yanni. Yes, Takam looks powerful, but he hit Povetkin with some good shots and didn't stop him. And Arias has been stopped by other top contenders, but went the fight went the distance. Good power, but not great power.

Yes, Parker in the later rounds. Bad stylistic fight for Takam.
The Fly, you're going to the fight? Fantastic. I used to go to Tua and Cameron's fight, and it was great! Where are you sitting? Corporate?
Yeah corporate. Diamond Arena. I tried to post a pick of my tickets but the forum wouldn't display my image. I also went to Tua/ Cameron. That was a great atmosphere!

Who has stoped Povetkin? And who has Parker fought that comes remotely close to Takam? If this was such an easy fight then Barry would have taken the fight when it was discussed previously. It was too big a risk then without the reward. Now the fight was basically forced on them.

This is boxing and heavyweight boxing at that. Anything can happen. I'd love Parker to spark him in a round. That would be fantastic fr NZ boxing. But should it happen the other way I hope you guys are ready for the abuse and the exposed calls that will follow.

I'll give credit to who ever wins this fight as it is an excellent match between 2 fringe contenders.
To be fair, Povetkin has a granite chin that has proven to be world-class, but Takam hasn't exactly shown any ability to KO high level opponents either. Don't get me wrong, Takam is a decent chance to win this and is definitely a step up from Parker's previous opponents and perhaps Takam's experience is an intangible factor that helps him. They avoided him because there were simply safer options to explore.

It doesn't mean Parker isn't the favourite here though, and it doesn't negate Parker's natural advantages.

"But should it happen the other way I hope you guys are ready for the abuse and the exposed calls that will follow"

I'll be happy to take it if Parker loses, they're just words on the internet lol. At least I'm willing to make a call rather than playing it safe by saying this is a "50/50" fight when it's not, as if there's some sort of shame in getting a sports call wrong.
Yes, Parker could lose this, and it's not an upset. If it happens, I hope fans will show some empathy for Parker and wish him the best in future fights rather than ragging on him.

Anyone know when the weigh-in is this afternoon?
Found it:

Free Entry: Parker v Takam Weigh-In
Vodafone Events Centre -2pm today
770 Great South Rd, Wiri, Manukau 2104
Live stream for the weigh in if anyone interested, not working atm, hopefully be up soon.
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/other/joseph-parker-vs-carlos-takam-weigh-in-live-stream-watch-fighters-step-scales