Parker v Takam Undercard
Takam went 10-11 rounds with Povetkin, so I don't think Parker will get him out of there early. I saw Tua vs Cameron also. Magic, while it lasted. Undercard was good.
(04-21-2016, 08:00 PM)diehard Wrote: Takam went 10-11 rounds with Povetkin, so I don't think Parker will get him out of there early.  I saw Tua vs Cameron also.  Magic, while it lasted.  Undercard was good.

Yeah the undercard was good, although Chapman/pownceby had a dissappointing end (i remember looking forward to it at the time). I dont think Parker gets him out early either, but its heavyweight boxing.....
Interesting post from Robert Berridge on Facebook looking like he is having a couple of beers...

Robert "The Butcher" Berridge Athlete
12 mins · Glenfield ·
Since nobody has the balls to step up and fight on the 21St on the biggest card seen in NZ I'm going to pay tribute to the ANZAC soldiers with a few homebrews ‪#‎TEAMBUTCHER‬ ‪#‎ANZAC‬ ‪#‎BCS‬
Robert "The Butcher" Berridge Athlete's photo.

I'm a big fan of his but in the interest of telling both sides of the story it's my understanding that the Reece Papuni camp was keen on the fight but it was not on the table???
Maybe someone needs to ask Papuni to know for sure but I'm very confident in what I'm saying above.
I think Berridge wanted Nick the Greek who probably didn't take it as he has only had a couple of fights against very average opponents from a long injury layoff and given Berridge would be a big step up from anyone he has been in with before that's kind of understandable given he has a new coach as well.
I think Rapira turned it down because his last fight was only 19 days ago and he needs a longer camp to make the weight and he has a fight booked in for the end of June that he will possibly be the main event on the card.
I doubt Rapira would ever take the fight but even still I think Berridge's claim nobody has the balls to step up is well and truly off the mark given Papuni was keen and Nick the Greek as his reasons.

Like I said I'm a big fan of The Butcher but I really want to see him more active and talking less shit!
When he trash talks he comes across immature and angry which does him no favors.
Unfortunately he needs a decent promoter or major backer that can get him in big fights on the international stage as I still think he can beat some prominent international fighters and even if he can't he is a great action fighter to watch so hopefully we see back soon.
(04-21-2016, 10:40 PM)justafan Wrote: Interesting post from Robert Berridge on Facebook looking like he is having a couple of beers...

Robert "The Butcher" Berridge Athlete
12 mins · Glenfield ·
Since nobody has the balls to step up and fight on the 21St on the biggest card seen in NZ I'm going to pay tribute to the ANZAC soldiers with a few homebrews ‪#‎TEAMBUTCHER‬ ‪#‎ANZAC‬ ‪#‎BCS‬
Robert "The Butcher" Berridge Athlete's photo.

I'm a big fan of his but in the interest of telling both sides of the story it's my understanding that the Reece Papuni camp was keen on the fight but it was not on the table???
Maybe someone needs to ask Papuni to know for sure but I'm very confident in what I'm saying above.
I think Berridge wanted Nick the Greek who probably didn't take it as he has only had a couple of fights against very average opponents from a long injury layoff and given Berridge would be a big step up from anyone he has been in with before that's kind of understandable given he has a new coach as well.
I think Rapira turned it down because his last fight was only 19 days ago and he needs a longer camp to make the weight and he has a fight booked in for the end of June that he will possibly be the main event on the card.
I doubt Rapira would ever take the fight but even still I think Berridge's claim nobody has the balls to step up is well and truly off the mark given Papuni was keen and Nick the Greek as his reasons.

Like I said I'm a big fan of The Butcher but I really want to see him more active and talking less shit!
When he trash talks he comes across immature and angry which does him no favors.
Unfortunately he needs a decent promoter or major backer that can get him in big fights on the international stage as I still think he can beat some prominent international fighters and even if he can't he is a great action fighter to watch so hopefully we see back soon.

I'm sure there will be a few guys wanting to fight but the money will need to be good as the stage is the world and the opponent is good. junior won't be fighting. i think there is another heavy on. we will fight on show if right offer and match is there. sometimes there shows are for guys building up as he has only been back for 3.5 months

Who has only been back 3.5 months Mark?
Would never happen for a variety of reasons but would have been wicked to have Junior, Hemi and Willis on the card to showcase NZ's up and coming heavies to create a buzz overseas.
I wonder if Willis is the other heavy, can't think of too many others off the top of my head
Sorry mate just reread that and you mean Junior has only been 3.5 months huh?
It can't be Hemi and if it's not Junior it can only be Willis surely?
id be showing casing hemi , willis and junior against solid opponents from aus. give them 60/40 fights so are competitive and if the boys make mistakes or don't train will lose. hemi is not fighting till hand is signed off by surgeon but is training hard. also just fond this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld3veUjS8vY&feature=youtu.be
https://www.facebook.com/asasio.heimuli/videos/980687532015181/
(04-23-2016, 12:12 PM)markk Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/asasio.heimuli/videos/980687532015181/

Looks like that video is only open to his friends on Facebook.