Parker v Takam Undercard
Stu is looking for someone to match Berridge. And of course Butterbean is fighting. Stu is looking for a welterweight also, in NZ or OZ.
I'm still undecided on whether to go, the undercard and price of G.A tickets is most important to me.
(04-21-2016, 05:30 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I'm still undecided on whether to go, the undercard and price of G.A tickets is most important to me.

I shouted myself an early birthday present. This will probably be the last time we see Parker in NZ against a credible opponent for awhile. This is the sport I follow and this fight is probably one of the best quality and most relevant on the world scene that I have been around to attend
Yeah but if what ever reason it turns into a fizzer or a first round k.o (they're heavyweights after all). It'd be nice to see some competitive undercard fights showcasing a few of NZ's up and comers.
(04-21-2016, 05:39 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: Yeah but if what ever reason it turns into a fizzer or a first round k.o (they're heavyweights after all). It'd be nice to see some competitive undercard fights showcasing a few of NZ's up and comers.

If that's a reason for you to go then cool, if the main event is a fizzer or a 1st round KO then I'm good with that. I'd like to see some competitive clashes on the undercard but it's not the reason I'm going. I want to see Parker fight Takam.

I'm not going to winge about the cost, if I could afford it I wouldn't be going. It's like gambling, no point crying after you have lost it if you couldn't afford to spend it.
Did you go to Tua/Cameron mate?
(04-21-2016, 06:05 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: Did you go to Tua/Cameron mate?

Yes I did and the atmosphere was great but in terms of relevance to the world scene it pales in comparison to this fight.
Without question. I reckon Tua/Cameron captured the NZ public more though, there's still time for Parker/Takam but they're not really putting it out there.
(04-21-2016, 06:13 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: Without question. I reckon Tua/Cameron captured the NZ public more though, there's still time for Parker/Takam but they're not really putting it out there.

It was 2 kiwi's in a bout that had been talked about for years. No one over here has heard of Takam. Unfortunately in NZ you have many fans that only know Tua, Parker & Cameron or the like. They don't follow the sport closely and would be hard pressed to name a decent P4P top 10. Funnily enough they all become experts when Tua or Parker fought.
Yep, that makes me giggle too.