Dec. 23 mega-card
Breathe now... great win . Exposed Wilders lack boxing iq.
Well done Andy Lee and Lockhart
Massive congratulations to JP!
Hopefully you were able to see it Steven!
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/live-boxing-results-tonight-joshua-vs-wallin-wilder-vs-parker/272524
(12-24-2023, 02:13 PM)diehard Wrote: Hopefully you were able to see it Steven!

Ahhh I was stuck with newhub text updates. I don't trust them to be accurate either so had to wait for a full confirmation to come out. So I have no idea how it went down. Did Wilder get old? Was he rusty? Did Fury drug his water? Was Parker incredible? Career best performance?

I was not expecting this result, super happy for Parker and the team.
I was hoping and expecting this result

but Diehard was trying to sow doubts in my mind! LOL.
This may be the best (or close to it)

result in NZ boxing history.

Seriously.
Great win. I never would have expected it. JP is back on track.
(12-24-2023, 02:41 PM)Steven Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 02:13 PM)diehard Wrote: Hopefully you were able to see it Steven!

Ahhh I was stuck with newhub text updates. I don't trust them to be accurate either so had to wait for a full confirmation to come out. So I have no idea how it went down. Did Wilder get old? Was he rusty? Did Fury drug his water? Was Parker incredible? Career best performance?

I was not expecting this result, super happy for Parker and the team.

Did you try DAZN? For $30 bucks. But, I woke up at 8AM, saw the Miller/DDD fight, rewound to the Fa fight, and then saw the Bivol fight before showering, shaving, etc. (too much info?) and then saw JP and AJ fights. All good. Except I missed the other three fights as when I tried to go back at the end of the AJ fight to see the fights I missed, it only went back 5 hours from an 8 hour show. Emailed them, expressed my disappointment, and the person from Asia said, "you want a refund?" I said no, I want my other three fights. He/she said, "call back tommorrow." Sheeesh.
(12-24-2023, 03:06 PM)Kiwi Wrote: I was hoping and expecting this result

but Diehard was trying to sow doubts in my mind! LOL.

Yeah, but you changed my mind. In my last post, I listed the reasons why JP could win, as this may be his time against Wilder.
Steven, Wilder danced most of the fight, trying to get in his right hand at certain moments of the fight, and offering little else. He lost every round on one scorecard. JP did what I hoped he'd do: pick his moments to attack Wilder with combos. JP was disciplined, focused, and fought a smart fight.
Question: does he take Wilder's place and fight AJ in March in SA? AJ/JP II?