Fury/Ngannou. Sunday morning
Fury: Ngannou is a big, fat sausage

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson “The Gypsy King” Fury, MMA star Francis Ngannou, and undercard combatants hosted their public workouts today ahead of Saturday’s PPV at Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Tyson Fury: “I showed the best version of me, and if he can deal with that, best of luck to him. I was in there floating like a butterfly. Nineteen stone, can you believe that? And 6-foot-9. And moving like that! That’s shocking. It’s not fair, really! It’s happening. He’s the bull, I’m the matador! 99.999 percent of the time, the matador wins! Francis Ngannou is a big, fat sausage. That’s why he won’t take his top off. He’s embarrassed of his body. If it was up to Francis, he’d fight with his t-shirt on. Facts!”
Francis Ngannou: “To be honest, I haven’t gotten any respect from the boxing community, so I am not expecting anybody to respect me. I think I need to claim my own respect…anything is possible. It’s possible. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be here. In fact, see how we are talking about Tyson Fury? Who would’ve believed that a couple years ago?”
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/will-tyson-fury-be-dumb-enough-to-stand-and-trade-with-francis-ngannou-2/270127
Fury: I will knock him out

Tyson Fury: “How do I prepare for a guy like this? It’s pretty difficult, but in America, we say a statement like this, ‘I’m gonna knock a motherf***er out!’ And that’s how we do it. I’ve been working with SugarHill {Steward} to knock him out cold on Saturday night, and I have no doubt in my mind that I will knock him out…he’s a big, strong guy. Obviously, he’s got a good punch. But so am I. I’m a big, strong guy. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be the world heavyweight champion. But I believe there’s levels to the game. And he’s going to find out my level on Saturday night.”

Francis Ngannou: “This is a dream come true. And I remember four years ago, when I first met Mike Tyson, my only request was for him to be in my corner if I fight Tyson Fury. People thought I was losing it. They thought I was crazy. They thought it would never happen. But here we are…we got Mike Tyson in, and the first thing he said that stuck in my mind is when he said, ‘Listen, he has two hands and two feet like you.’ And I got that. And that’s enough for Saturday night. Tyson Fury is definitely the best in boxing, but that’s stopping on Saturday night.”
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/tyson-fury-francis-ngannou-official-weights-fury-277-ngannou-272/270193
https://fightnews.com/fury-ngannou-weights/154202
Results from Saudi Arabia

In a grudge fight between undefeated British heavyweight standouts, WBA #11 Fabio Wardley (17-0, 16 KOs) halted WBO #9 David Adeleye (12-1, 11 KOs) in round seven. Wardley dropped Adeleye with a left hook and got a referee’s stoppage moments later. Time was 2:43. Adeleye didn’t like the stoppage and shoved the referee.

Former WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (33-3, 23 KOs), currently rated WBO #6, IBF #6, WBC #10, knocked out Simon Kean (23-2, 22 KOs) in round three. An uppercut put Kean on the deck where he was counted out. Time was 2:04.

WBC #3, WBA #5, IBF #10, WBO #13 heavyweight Arslanbek Makhmudov (18-0, 17 KOs) needed just 70 seconds to steamroll Junior Anthony Wright (20-5-1, 17 KOs). Makhmudov dropped Wright with a right hand, then got a referee’s stop when he connected with another crushing right.

Hot heavyweight prospect Moses Itauma (6-0, 4 KOs) demolished Istvan Bernath (10-2, 8 KOs) in the first round. Itauma dropped Bernath, then got a referee’s stoppage with his follow-up barrage. Time was 1:53.

WBA #2, WBC #9 heavyweight Martin Bakole (20-1, 15 KOs) scored a fourth round TKO over 42-year-old Carlos Takam (40-8-1, 28 KOs). 299lb Bakole overpowered and battered Takam to get a referee’s stoppage at 2:15.
Fury dropped, barely beats Ngannou

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury (34-0-1, 24 KOs) got all he could handle from MMA star Francis Ngannou (0-1) in a ten round non-title fight on Saturday at Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. “The Gypsy King” suffered a small cut on his forehead in round two. Ngannou dropped Fury with a left hook in round three. Fury started to outbox Ngannou in round four. Rounds were competitive with Fury’s jab saving him. Ngannou won the exchanges in round eight. Fury went back to the jab in rounds nine and ten. Fury won by split decision. Scores were 95-94 Ngannou, 96-93, 95-94 Fury.

With the win, Fury set up a December 23 clash against WBA/IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk for the undisputed title at the same venue.

In a grudge fight between undefeated British heavyweight standouts, WBA #11 Fabio Wardley (17-0, 16 KOs) halted WBO #9 David Adeleye (12-1, 11 KOs) in round seven. Wardley dropped Adeleye with a left hook and got a referee’s stoppage moments later. Time was 2:43. Adeleye didn’t like the stoppage and shoved the referee.

Former WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (33-3, 23 KOs), currently rated WBO #6, IBF #6, WBC #10, knocked out Simon Kean (23-2, 22 KOs) in round three. An uppercut put Kean on the deck where he was counted out. Time was 2:04.

WBC #3, WBA #5, IBF #10, WBO #13 heavyweight Arslanbek Makhmudov (18-0, 17 KOs) needed just 70 seconds to steamroll Junior Anthony Wright (20-5-1, 17 KOs). Makhmudov dropped Wright with a right hand, then got a referee’s stop when he connected with another crushing right.

Hot heavyweight prospect Moses Itauma (6-0, 4 KOs) demolished Istvan Bernath (10-2, 8 KOs) in the first round. Itauma dropped Bernath, then got a referee’s stoppage with his follow-up barrage. Time was 1:53.

WBA #2, WBC #9 heavyweight Martin Bakole (20-1, 15 KOs) scored a fourth round TKO over 42-year-old Carlos Takam (40-8-1, 28 KOs). 299lb Bakole overpowered and battered Takam to get a referee’s stoppage at 2:15.
Good grief. Black eye for boxing

Black eye for Rugby

All on the same day
(10-29-2023, 01:59 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Good grief. Black eye for boxing

Black eye for Rugby

All on the same day

Yeah it was man how sloppy was Fury you'd almost wanna say it was scripted he was that bad, maybe the 2 hour entrance to the build up took it out of him?.
Out of all the sports the Kiwi ferns and partly black caps rachin ravindra can hold their heads high this weekend.
Sad day for men's sports in NZ. I watched the Fury/Wallin fight before the Fury Ngannou fight and it was the same sloppy Fury. Wide punches, getting hit...that version of Fury is someone Usyk can beat. Usyk must have been salivating watching this fight from ringside.