Canelo/Charlo. Sunday. PPV
Canelo-Charlo Final Press Conference

Undisputed world champions Canelo Álvarez and Jermell Charlo went face to face Wednesday at the final press conference before their PPV showdown this Saturday at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
“He’s gonna feel it…He’s not used to being in there with a fighter like me.” – Canelo
“You’re gonna see us back again for a rematch, because this is my moment.” –Charlo
Here is what the press conference participants had to say Wednesday from MGM Grand:
CANELO ÁLVAREZ
“I feel great and ready for this fight. Jermell is right, I have nothing to prove. But this time, I have something to prove to him. He never believed in my skills. He’s been calling me out. Now I have the opportunity to show him my skills. And that motivates me. I had a great camp and I’m ready to show everybody my new skills.
“I always train 100% and motivate myself, but it’s even more for this fight. He’s called me out for a long time and I’m gonna show him what I can do in just a couple days.
“He’s gonna feel it. It’s hard to explain it, but it’s just something different. He’s not used to being in there with a fighter like me.
“Just make sure you tune in, because it’s gonna be a great fight. I don’t know what animal I need to be, but I’m that animal. Tune in on September 30. It’s gonna be good, believe me.
“I never overlook any fighter. I know what he’s gonna bring and I’m ready. I’ve been in there with all types of fighters. He hasn’t experienced this kind of level of fight. You will see and you will learn.
“I want history for my career. I want to achieve a lot of things. This is another one of them and I can’t wait.
“People will always have something negative to say. I have to prove that I’m still on top.”
JERMELL CHARLO
“We finally made it to this moment. Training camp was really hard and I had to really focus. Canelo is the kind of fighter you can’t take for granted. He’s done everything in this sport of boxing and he’s got nothing to prove.
“I have so much on my plate and in order to continue my legacy, I have to be equipped with every tool. I know that the fans are gonna win on Saturday night. You’re gonna see us back again for a rematch, because this is my moment.
“I’m a warrior. I did what I had to do, and now we’re at this moment. I don’t think Canelo has faced a fighter of my caliber. He’s been in there with great fighters, but there’s something I bring to the table that’s a lot different than anyone he’s seen.
“I defy the science of boxing. I’m one of the guys from the younger era and I’ve been fighting my whole life. What I’ve been through in life, a lot of people can’t compare to that. I deserve to be in my position and now I get to prove my worthiness.
“I’m coming to win this fight, no matter what he says. We shall see Saturday. If he’s motivated to prove to me that he has skills, so be it. I’m coming to win.
“Making history means everything to me. That’s what it’s all about. We’ll come back to these moments later in life and look back and enjoy it. Right now we’re living in the moment and continuing to turn these chapters.
“I’ve backed up everything I’ve said. Right now this is my time and my moment and I’m gonna proceed and take it.”
EDDY REYNOSO, Canelo’s Trainer and Manager
“We’re excited to be back in Las Vegas once again. This is a very important fight for us. We’re facing a great opponent who’s undisputed and has a great team behind him and also great boxing skills.
“We spent three months training for this fight and had no setbacks whatsoever. It’s been a while since Canelo has been able to train so intensely. We’ve left behind the injuries and setbacks and we’re ready to show that Canelo is prepared to put on a great fight for the fans.
“We’re very motivated to be here in Las Vegas for a great fight. We’re going to prove how motivated we are by giving the fans a great fight.”
DERRICK JAMES, Charlo’s Trainer
“This is a very special event because it’s undisputed versus undisputed. The great Canelo Álvarez is gonna bring out an even greater Jermell Charlo. I’m looking forward to Jermell being great and becoming undisputed once again. He’s here to make history.”
Canelo-Charlo Undercard Press Conference

Fighters stepping into the ring on Saturday’s Canelo vs. Charlo PPV undercard faced off Thursday at the final press conference before they enter the ring at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Jesus “Mono” Ramos Jr. vs. Erickson “Hammer” Lubin
WBA super welterweight eliminator

Jesus Ramos Jr: “It’s really important that I dominate because Lubin is so tough and has given guys like Sebastian Fundora a lot of trouble. It would be a big statement and a big win for my resume.”

Erickson Lubin: “I’m looking to separate myself with a big win over Jesus Ramos. I can separate myself from all these 154 pounders and be in line for a really big fight. I’m here to make a statement, and I will…I’m here to make a statement as well. The sky’s the limit for me after this.”

Yordenis Ugas vs. Mario “El Azteca” Barrios
WBC interim welterweight title, 12 rounds

Yordenis Ugas: “I’ve spent my entire career coming back from adversity over and over again. If you want to see what I still have left, you’ll have to watch Saturday night. It will all be revealed.”

Mario Barrios: “I know Ugas is coming ready. It’s gonna be a real fight because of what we both bring to the table. I’m so ready to show everyone what I’m capable of.”

Elijah Garcia vs. Armando Reséndiz
WBA middleweight eliminator, 10 rounds

Elijah Garcia: “I didn’t think my last performance was my best. I started a little slow. But I’m gonna prove that I’ve got more experience than I showed. I’m a new class fighter and I’m gonna show I’m on a different level.”

Armando Reséndiz: “I like that Elijah has that attitude, because it’s gonna make it a great fight. It’s a clash of titans and most importantly, nothing is decided beforehand. We have to take it in the ring. I have to take it from him.”
Canelo Alvarez vs. Jermell Charlo: Fight card, odds, date, Showtime PPV, start time, location, complete guide
A pair of undisputed champions meet for the 168-pound crown on Saturday night in Las Vegas

An epic fight week is upon us. The eyes of the sporting world descend on Las Vegas this week with a never-before-seen showdown set to headline inside the T-Mobile Arena. Canelo Alvarez puts his undisputed super middleweight crown on the line once again, but it's the opponent that creates a unique headlining opportunity. The decorated Mexican champion is set to take on undisputed junior middleweight champion Jermell Charlo in the first four-belt vs. four-belt battle on the men's side.

Charlo earned undisputed status at 154 pounds in his last outing when he scored a TKO of Brian Castano in May 2022. The bout was a rematch from their 2021 encounter that ended in a disputed draw that many believe Castano had done enough to win. Charlo is unbeaten in his last five fights since losing a decision to Tony Harrison in 2019.

"I'm a warrior. I did what I had to do, and now we're at this moment. I don't think Canelo has faced a fighter of my caliber. He's been in there with great fighters, but there's something I bring to the table that's a lot different than anyone he's seen," Charlo said at the final press conference.

"I defy the science of boxing. I'm one of the guys from the younger era and I've been fighting my whole life. What I've been through in life, a lot of people can't compare to that. I deserve to be in my position and now I get to prove my worthiness."

Saturday also provides a hardcore fan's delight with a deep undercard that presents plenty of recognizable names. Rising junior middleweight contenders look to make a name for themselves when Jesus Ramos takes on Erickson Lubin. Ramos holds an undefeated record at 20-0 with 16 knockouts. Lubin has twice come up short at the title level, suffering a first-round knockout to Charlo in 2017 and against being stopped by Sebastian Fundora in 2022. Plus, former welterweight champion Yordenis Ugas is back as he looks to secure interim gold against Mario Barrios. And a top prospect opens the PPV when Elijah Garcia takes on Armando Resendiz at middleweight.

The action goes down from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will air live on Showtime pay-per-view.

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez © -400 Jermell Charlo +310 Undisputed super middleweight title
Yordenis Ugas -280 Mario Barrios +230 Interim WBC welterweight title
Jesus Ramos -440 Erickson Lubin +340 Junior middleweight
Elijah Garcia -365 Armando Resendiz +285 Middleweight
Frank Sanchez Scott Alexander Heavyweight
Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Isaac Rodrigues Light heavyweight
Terrell Gausha KeAndrae Leatherwood Middleweight
Alvarez vs. Charlo viewing info
Date: Sept. 30 | Start time: 8 p.m. ET
How to watch: Showtime PPV ($84.99)
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/canelo-vs-charlo-preview-prediction/268944
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/canelo-alvarez-jermell-charlo-commission-weigh-in-done-both-men-weigh-the-same-at-167-4-pounds/268971
https://fightnews.com/canelo-charlo-make-weight/153148
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/boxing-tonight-canelo-vs-charlo-live-results/269016
Fightnews.com

Lubin upsets Ramos in WBA eliminator

By Jeff Zimmerman at ringside

In a WBA super welterweight title eliminator, former world title challenger Erickson “The Hammer” Lubin (26-2, 18 KOs) beat the young, rising star Jesus “El Mono” Ramos (20-1, 16 KOs) over twelve lackluster rounds via unanimous decision in the co-main event for Canelo-Charlo at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV.

In a slow first round for both fighters, Lubin worked the jab as Ramos came forward and pawed a few jabs of his own. Ramos picked up the pace in the second as he walked Lubin to the ropes and threw combos to the body, before Lubin wisely moved off the ropes. In round three, Ramos pressed the action early, but Lubin found some success off his backfoot and then began to come forward against Ramos. Ramos closed the round with a nice flurry with Lubin on the ropes.

In rounds four through six, Lubin used his legs and boxed as Ramos continued to pressure him. Ramos had his moments when he forced Lubin to the ropes and threw his combinations. Ramos had his best round, in round seven, as he landed a big uppercut with both hands and sold shots to the body with Lubin, again, up against the ropes. Round eight was very similar to several other rounds, as Lubin boxed well in spurts, but once Ramos put on the pressure and unloaded combinations, Lubin didn’t fire back.

In round nine through eleven, Lubin boxed and stayed off the ropes, which was where he was getting hit throughout. Ramos picked up the pace in the final round as it went to the final bell. The packed house displayed their displeasure in round eleven with a chorus of boos due to the lack of action from these hard-hitting southpaws.

The judges scored a unanimous decision for Lubin, to the dismay of the crowd, who drowned out Jim Gray’s interview with Lubin in the ring with boos. Scores read 115-113, 116-112 and 117-111 for the victorious Lubin.

The battle-tested Lubin was hailed as a future star when he bypassed the Olympics, turned pro at 18 in 2013 and signed with Mike Tyson. But after daring to be great in his first crack at a world title against Jermell Charlo where he got stopped by first round knockout in 2017, Lubin worked his way back up the ladder before he was stopped by the “Towering Enferno” Sebastian Fundora in back-and-forth war in April 2022. Lubin, though, is still only 27, which is usually the start of a fighter’s prime years.

Lubin told Jim Gray in the ring post-fight that he was no gatekeeper. This win should line him up for a title shot soon in the now stacked 154 division.
Canelo dominates Charlo, still undisputed

By Miguel Maravilla at ringside

Undisputed super middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez (60-2-2, 39 KOs) dominated undisputed junior middleweight champion Jermell Charlo (35-2-1, 19 KOs) over twelve rounds on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. After. A slow first round, Canelo began teeing off in round two. He continued to stalk and rough up Charlo. In round seven, a Canelo right hand sent Charlo to a knee. Canelo then outworked Charlo the rest of the way. Scores were 119-108, 118-109, 118-109.
Canelo just too strong