Usyk/DDD Fight
Usyk KOs Dubois in nine

Unified WBA/WBO/IBF heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk (21-0, 14 KOs) knocked out WBA regular champion Daniel Dubois (19-2, 18 KOs) in round nine on Saturday night in a driving rainstorm at Tarczyński Arena in Wroclaw, Poland. Usyk outboxed Dubois over the first four rounds. Usyk was hurt by a shot to the belt line ruled low blow in round five and needed several minutes to recover. Usyk peppered Dubois with jabs and straight lefts. Dubois had his best success to the body. Usyk finally dropped Dubois with a combination at the end of round eight and then floored Dubois again in round nine to end it. Dubois was counted out at :48.
DDD ko'd by a jab. He quit, just like he did with JJ. However, the "low blow" was legit. Should have been DDD by KO.
I think the low blow was legit yes but if the ref hadn't called it a low blow Usyk would have got up and result would be the same.
No way Usyk takes the count o a knee. Dubois doesn't have the mentality for boxing at this level. He refuses to go to the trenches
Usyk's arm was spasming when he was on the floor, could he have made it up within 8 seconds? I really don't know, but I do know even if he did he would have been extremely compromised. He got a 210 second recovery time for a legitimate knockdown.

As far as I'm concerned Usyk should no longer be champion.
Really? I feel Usyk was well in control , the ref gave him time and he took it then KO'd DD
Thanks for the link, bart. I disagree. Usyk was gone! He took a bladder shot, some on the belt, some part of it below the belt. Most of it on the belt. DDD was robbed. When it happened, I was thinking, "I hope bart took the 10-1 odds on DDD.

DDD had his moments, but yeah, Usyk was way ahead.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/boxing-results-oleksandr-usyk-stops-daniel-dubois-in-controversial-fight/267758
DD won't go to the trenches - he takes a knee too easy.
I gave him benefit of the doubt v JJ because of the injury but he struggled v Lerena and today he voluntarily was counted out after a jab. Not really champion credentials. You can't train heart- he looks the part- punches hard but lacks fortitude.
(08-27-2023, 08:30 PM)bart Wrote: DD won't go to the trenches - he takes a knee too easy.
I gave him benefit of the doubt v JJ because of the injury but he struggled v Lerena and today he voluntarily was counted out after a jab. Not really champion credentials. You can't train heart- he looks the part- punches hard but lacks fortitude.

This is all true, as is the fact Dubois wouldn't land that shot again on usyk in a million years. 

But the fact is, he did land it last night. 

It's a shame, boxing is a brutal sport, Dubois deserved his moment, Usyk would have won the rematch but I feel bad for Dubois, he lost out on life changing money in the rematch, money he won't ever see now. 
True, but his quitting for the second time makes me less sympathetic. As I've said earlier, Usyk isn't all that, especially if DDD can be that competitive against him.