Canelo/Ryder. Sunday.
https://www.boxing247.com/press-boxing/canelo-alvarez-vs-ryder-live-on-dazn/15209
https://fightnews.com/canelo-ryder-final-press-conference/147442
John Ryder: My hand will be raised

John Ryder is embracing the challenge of fighting Canelo Alvarez in his Guadalajara hometown – and says it’s only right to face the Mexican king in his backyard as he looks to defeat the undisputed super middleweight champion at the Estadio Akron on Saturday night, live on DAZN and DAZN PPV.

“I know it’s going to be hostile; I am prepared for it,” said Ryder. “I think to go and fight a champion, you should go to their backyard to take their titles and that’s what I am doing. Most fighters have gone to Vegas or Texas to fight him, but I’m in Guadalajara in the Lion’s Den.

“I think that the pressure is on him. It’s been a long time since he boxed here and who expects anything of me? No one. People think I am here for the paycheck, I am not, I am here to show that dreams can come true. I’ve worked hard to get here, and I deserve to be here.

“I think it is a good time to fight him, he has a lot of miles on the clock. Last year he had the Bivol defeat, I found it strange that he went back to light heavyweight, and then he went back to 168 and while I don’t think it was a bad performance, I think people were expecting him to stop him and put the final nail in the coffin of the trilogy and he didn’t, although he did win comfortably. Obviously, he’s had the surgery on his hand and maybe there’s question marks on wear and tear, but I want the best version of him because I will give the best version of me.

“I have to embrace the moment. After 12 rounds, my hand will be raised, and the new, from Islington, London, UK, undisputed world super middleweight champion, John Ryder. It’s a dream opportunity and I don’t plan to waste it.

“To prepare for him, you have to take him off his pedestal initially as he is who he is, but you won’t be able to get Canelo in to spar to prepare for Canelo. You work with what you can get which we have. Tony Sims is a great trainer and a real boxing historian, but it’s all very modern in my camp too. It’s been a different camp as I stayed with Joe Cordina for three weeks was fantastic, it’s one big family and he’s like a brother. He regained his World title so now it’s down to me.

“I have always believed that I was destined for bigger things. My career has always been a work in progress. I’ve got good people around me, familiar faces, and there’s nothing new here, I’m not in the main fight hotel so everything is a bit calmer, it’s nice and we’ll dial in when we need to.”
https://www.boxing247.com/press-boxing/canelo-alvarez-vs-ryder-live-on-dazn/15209
https://fightnews.com/canelo-ryder-make-weight/147489
This could be the last great performance of canelo.

He's looked a bit on the slide in his last two, but this one is back at home, he will be the most motivated to put on a show, Ryder is solid but shouldn't give him too much trouble.

I think the fights just get harder from here on for canelo, but this one I hope to see a great performance.
I agree. He's getting older, his punch outage is not up there with the elite, and he's been living the good life with his $$$. He did look good against GGG though, who is also in the twilight of his career.
Canelo: I’m going to bring everything

Canelo Alvarez (58-2-2, 39 KOs) is promising to deliver ‘something special’ tomorrow night when he defends his undisputed super middleweight title against John Ryder (32-5, 18 KOs) in front of over 50,000 hometown fans at the Estadio Akron in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, live on DAZN PPV.

“It’s going to be something special after 12 years,” said Canelo. “I started my career here in Guadalajara in the little arenas. And now we are in the biggest stadium and the biggest response from the people. It’s going to be one of the best nights of my career for sure. I am really excited for this fight.

“I was always thinking about fighting again in Guadalajara of course. You can expect something special, and the result is even better. I’m glad and grateful that the people respond like this. I’m enjoying this moment a lot. I enjoy this because it is hard to put on this kind of fight and have people respond like this. It’s an honor for me and I’m proud of it. I’m going to bring everything tomorrow night.

“It wasn’t about money. There were a lot of things that made it hard to put the fight here. Everything, TV, moving, things had to change here in Guadalajara. It’s hard to do it but you know I’m happy I made this and I’m happy to bring this fight to Guadalajara.

“For a long time, I didn’t train here in Guadalajara so me training here for the whole month is different. I feel different. The vibes are different. My family is here. My grandma is here. So, it’s been different, but I enjoy everything. Eddy Reynoso said to me, ‘You need to enjoy this moment because you deserve it. Enjoy what you do because this is such a big thing’. I am just enjoying and thanking all my people and the response is just amazing, so I enjoy it a lot.

“You know it is going to be a good fight when a fighter is coming forward. John is a good fighter. He’s southpaw and he throws punches from everywhere. It’ll be a little bit difficult in the first rounds, but I have the experience and I need to handle it.”
Canelo defeats Ryder, remains undisputed

Undisputed super middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (59-2-2, 39 KOs) scored a twelve round unanimous decision over game WBO mandatory challenger John “The Gorilla” Ryder (32-6, 18 KOs) in front of 55,000 on Saturday night at the Estadio Akron in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico. Canelo’s pressure backed up Ryder and had him bleeding from the nose and mouth by round three. Canelo dropped Ryder with a left/right in round five. Ryder beat the count and survived the round. The rugged Ryder fought hard the rest of the way and made it to the final bell. Scores were 120-107, 118-109, 118-109.
Tough man John Ryder, prideful effort.