Briedis/Opetaia. SKY. Sat. Nite. Free
Opetaia boxed with broken jaw

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

Newly crowned IBF cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia had to overcome the adversity of having his jaw broken early in the bout with Maris Breidis according to the Australian’s coach Mark Wilson.

“I didn’t know it was broken until the 11th round when you can evidently see that something was really amiss with it,” Wilson told foxsports.com.au in Opetaia’s locker room after the fight. “I thought, ‘We got through that, we’ve only got one to go. Run. Run.’ I believe we were two or three or four rounds up, I thought. We were starting to maybe lose a couple late. I said, ‘Just move, mate. We’ve got to move. Don’t do anything silly. Move, move.’ We got through there.”

Breidis revealed after the fight his nose was broken in round one.
He boxed very well
varied and stuck to his plan
impressive
Yes, he was excellent against a very good opponent.  He should try to unify, but Okolie would be too tough for him I think.  The others, he should do well.  Wonder if he'd give David Light a chance for a title fight?
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/what-next-for-best-cruiserweight-in-the-world-jai-opetaia/236467
Opetaia vs. IBF #10 Whateley?

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

IBF cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia could be defending the title against fellow Australian and IBF #10 ranked Jason Whateley (10-0, 9 KOs) according to promoter Dean Lonergan. Opetaia and Whateley clashed multiple times in the amateurs.

“As soon as it’s right, my preference would be that we fight in Australia against an Australian,” Lonergan told Fox Sports. “The most obvious guy would be Jason Whateley. He’s up there and qualified, he’s in the top 15 in the world, he’s had 10 pro fights and he’d be a great fight for Jai, but we’ll just wait and see. At the end of the day, it’s going to come down to what Jai wants. We’ll just talk through about what he wants and we’ll go from there.”
If Jai is gonna fight Whataley who's ranked in the top 10, why not fight David Light who's ranked higher and make it an OZ/NZ clash? Light would stand a decent chance with Jai, although he would be the underdog.