20.00%
3 20.00%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Takam vs Parker Prediction
(03-21-2016, 08:39 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Very interesting that similar percentages are predicting what we are on here. 70% in favour to Parker.

http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=560028

The way I look at it is that Parker has quite a bit of hype, whereas Takam being more of a workman like fighter has no hype. I guarentee you a lot of people who pick parker won't have seen a takam fight.

Personally I do think joe has the ability to win this one but he would need to fight smart, box to his strengths and stay mobile. 

If he fights sloppy i see takam having the experience to capitalize on any mistakes.

It's interesting for sure. I just think it comes a bit too early for Joe.
I saw Takam vs Povetkin. He gave as good as he got until he was KO'd in the 10th or 11th. Aggressive, comes forward. Similar to Parker's sparring partner, Andy Ruiz.

Late KO for Parker (9th) in his toughest fight.
How good really is Andy Ruiz?, I know he's got great combination's and is pretty slick, but his size suggests he isn't the most disciplined guy around.

I think Joe beats Takam on points clearly, I think Takam will come out strong but will get discouraged at some stage in the mid rounds and the fight will start lacking action. I hope I am wrong about the action, but that's just what I see happening.
Ruiz is one of those guys that's in great shape, but carries around some fat. Comes to fight, and comes forward. Believe he's undefeated, but hasn't really fought anyone.

Saw a great undercard fight last nite with Juan Williams vs Moleto? on Sky Fight Night Anyway, Moleto was 5'4", just kept coming forward, knocked the undefeated and ranked Williams down twice, and stopped him in the 10th. Parker would do well to look at that fight so he knows what to avoid against a guy coming forward.
Ruiz is a waste of talent, his hand speed is immense and he has natural stamina but there's no way he's maximizing his potential in that kind of condition.
True that, Infern0
I'm picking Parker but I won't be surprised if Takam wins. His hand speed is decent for a heavy, he has good movement and his chin is pretty good as well. Parker will need to watch those counters. I think an aggressive coming forward Parker plays right into Takam's strengths. At $4.50 I'm going to put $20 on Takam