AJ/Fury Done!
Why not?  Keep it fresh.  No do-overs.

I didn't think that JJ was all that.  I thought Dubois was going to beat him until he quit fighting.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/178974/178974

I like the Wilder/AJ trilogy.  With some good odds, I'd go with Wilder.

Looks like the WBO are pushing the buttons.  Wonder if the AJ/Usyk (if it happens) will also be for the WBA title?
I think Eddie will do OK from this. Surely he knew this was a possibility and that is why Usyk v JJ was never announced. Now he plans AJ v Usyk which will be a big fight in UK making good coin for all.
Then if AJ wins he fights the winner of Wilder v Fury for even bigger coin than originally on offer.
While also being able to stack the undercards... Jp v Chisora 2 - if he wins that he fights JJ on the next ...
(05-21-2021, 08:51 AM)bart Wrote: I think Eddie will do OK from this. Surely he knew this was a possibility and that is why Usyk v JJ was never announced. Now he plans AJ v Usyk which will be a big fight in UK  making good coin for all.
Then  if AJ wins he fights the winner of Wilder v Fury for even  bigger coin than originally on offer.
While also being able to stack the undercards... Jp v Chisora 2 - if he wins that he fights JJ on the next ...

If Wilder wins vs Fury and theres no rematch clause I see the WBC belt staying in the Haymon stable. If Fury doesnt have the belt I dont see AJ as interested in the fight.
If Wilder wins, it's AJ/Wilder. If Wilder does win, it'll be by KO. Making the AJ fight enticing.
https://fightnews.com/interview-tyson-fury/113145
(05-21-2021, 11:40 AM)diehard Wrote: If Wilder wins, it's AJ/Wilder.  If Wilder does win, it'll be by KO.  Making the AJ fight enticing.

They couldnt make a fight before. Why now? Hell be back to cherry picking the PBC roster.
won't surprise me Beef, look out for Wilder v Arreola 2
(05-21-2021, 02:00 PM)Beefstew Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 11:40 AM)diehard Wrote: If Wilder wins, it's AJ/Wilder.  If Wilder does win, it'll be by KO.  Making the AJ fight enticing.

They couldnt make a fight before. Why now? Hell be back to cherry picking the PBC roster.

Because Wilder lost to Fury?
Before that the AJ - Wilder fight was on and off
Lots of noise from both parties claiming ducking etc
Then Fury said he'll take the fight - so thats how we got wilder v furey 1